The Art of Electronoics 3rd Edition - Author's response - Christmas Edition

Hello, everyone.

I'm sure everyone has been excitely waiting the end of the year for news of the third edition

topic=3473.0) So, I've taken it upon myself to ask for an update and surprise I got a response christmas morning. So, here's a christmas present for the electronics community

I asked "I was wondering if there's an update to when you think the

3rd edition might be out? "

And the response I got was as follows:

We're getting closer. For example, we broke the old 80-page precision and low-noise Chapter 7 into two, both greatly-expanded with massive cool stuff. We submitted Chapter 5, Precision Circuits, last summer, and it was 135 pages long. This week we're finishing Chapter 8, Low-Noise Techniques, and we expect it to be about 130 pages. So that's about 3x more great material, on just those two topics! We expect y'all will love it.

In January we'll submit chapter 9, Power Design - it's almost done now, and then we'll have submitted 15 chapters, leaving five more "x" chapters to go.

I think I mentioned the x chapters, with their extra, more-advanced material, so we certainly don't want to short-change them! Anyway, three of those are more than half done, and we hope to have submitted everything by next summer.

That means the book should be out by late 2012 or early 2013.

-- - Win

Winfield Hill Rowland Institute at Harvard

100 Edwin Land Blvd Cambridge, MA 02142

Happy Christmas everyone!

Reply to
solarmist

A book like that, or Phil Hobbs' electro-optics book, must be an incredible amount of work.

John