CE marking

all

Does it look like an afterthought perchance ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Wrong again ( or rather far from the whole story at least ) it would seem.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:00:55 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Have you seen that new inhaler for you types?

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

I am under VA care, and they don't adapt to new methods very fast. I got a letter today that i have an appointment later this month. Either they give me a pain killer that allows me to function, or I am going to the director of the local clinic, and possibly the head of the VA to file a complaint.

The only thing that they have done recently was to set up an online interface to allow Veterans to refill most existing prescriptions online.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 03:49:26 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Did you get the letter that stated that all of your vital data may have been compromised?

Hmm... One would think they would be into better infusion methodologies. The overall cost is less than needles, and safer, and of a higher efficacy than the pill regimen some require.

I guess there is no demanding in such a setting. Sad that. I feel for ya. I could end up in their care one day... if they last that long. Seems like they could take the same path social security is on.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:iZwzg.530$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

only

believe.

all

I don't know. CE also requires that the manufacturer is known, but I don't see addresses on all CE labeled products. Maybe they sent you an export version, with the cheaper power supply that gives lots of overshoots ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

IIRC the CE mark can be applied in various places. There's supposed to be a declaration of conformity too that gives all the details but it seems that's not widely observed.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In message , dated Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Phat Bytestard writes

What you leave when you hot-foot somewhere.

-- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try

and

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Tue, 1 Aug

2006, Eeyore writes

This varies from one Directive to another. Not sensible.

It only has to exist so the authorities can see it. It doesn't HAVE to accompany the product.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

LOL ! Blowed if I could tell !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

believe.

all

Not at all. It's (C) 2006 and says it was printed in Colleyville, TX (but the stick-on label says "Made in Germany"). The CE is on the color-printed paper. If they'd wanted to add it later, it could have been put on the computer-printed label.

Here's a B&W scan of one (the black background is actually indigo with the CE dropped out of it, and it under the clear plastic):

The stick-on label is overtop of the clear plastic. A later unit I have is marked "LOT: GERMANY026" and dated 05/03/06 (whatever that means) and has another stick-on label from the disti (Arrow) with their date code 0620. Exactly the same color printed 'liner' or whatever it is called.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

This thing has no power supply; it's just a snap-apart USB dongle.

But maybe they're shipping all the units that fail EMC testing to Californica or something. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hello Graham,

I know... but it's serious. I bet that the CE confusion created by Eurocrat is almost as bad as the RoHS confusion.

and not

It's not a sub-assembly. Fully contained USB stick, comes in a nice pouch with a CD and shrink-wrapped. Anyone who gives them $20 can have one and I bet lots of students and hobbyists will see that as a bargain (which it really is).

I did look for that as well after your post. Ain't there. Well, maybe the Eurocrats forgot to write a min font size into law and it's 0.001 point Helvetica.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Spehro,

Yabbut, isn't the CE mark supposed to be on the product itself? If I buy a radio from over there the CE mark is on the box, on the manual and also on the set.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Spehro,

Well, there have been fallas who had the target connected to a supply and then plugged it back in to do one quick code change. Bzzzt.

Then there are fellas (me) who write code, wonder why it ain't working, put on the glasses and notice the absence of a watch crystal...

Jim would say, only to leftist cities. I wonder if this little USB thing would be a suitable device to watch whisker growth. It ought to be lead-free but looking at it the solder joints look too good for that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Frank,

The mfg is printed on there, just no CE mark. Doesn't come with a power supply. But I am not worried hooking it up because the supplies in my lab have all been tested for the absence of overshoots a long time ago :-)

BTW, this power supply problem goes back a looong way. Back at the university a spike on one of the fancy "scientific grade" supplies fried some $2k worth of equipment (that was the repair bill from HP). Kicked it out the door and built a new bench supply from scratch. A supply sans glitches. This is when I vowed to never let a supply into my lab unless it was tested under various capacitive loads.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:kiLzg.322$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

You seem to be suffering from the NIBJ syndrome ;) Scroll down for explanation.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Not invented by Joerg.
LOL
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

In message , dated Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Joerg writes

Then it's for sale to 'end-users' and therefore must be CE-marked. If it were only supplied (or intended only to be supplied) to OEMs, then it doesn't need the mark. It's not that difficult to understand.

[snip]

The letters must be at least 5 mm high.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Joerg writes

Unless it's impracticable, yes. There are a number of such cases already accepted by the authorities.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

Hello Frank,

Not Invented By Joerg, that was a good one :-)

I am perfectly content with other people's designs but I have a rather low tolerance level for sub-optimal designs where it should have been obvious. Except, of course, during consulting assignments where I quietly go about turning them into reliable designs or do it from scratch in really bad cases. But then I get paid for it.

Those power supplies I built at the university were certainly not my design. I just built a few from uA723 data sheet application info because the supplies in the lab were not very trustworthy. The only thing I added was a tracking crowbar feature in case it does decide to shoot off a glitch or the pass transistor shorts out. That wasn't much in terms of contributed IP though because the scheme was explained in one of our text books.

I believe there is a reason that old chips such as the uA723 are still around. They behave. Maybe we should tell the younger lads.