CE marking

In message , dated Sun, 30 Jul

2006, Eeyore writes

In fact, the battery people did produce a draft EMC standard for batteries, but common sense, a rare commodity in CENELEC, prevailed.

However, some batteries may have applicable safety standards, in the future if not now.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

That was supposed to be :) , but I didn't notice it till I hit send. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I use Li+ packs in my products, and although there are no CE marks, I can't order them without safety interrupt (overvoltage in particular) circuitry attached.Even though my charger implementation inherently provides that functionality, I still have to provide the CoC / mfr statement on product safey compliance for *my* product CE mark.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

--
Funny, though. :-)
Reply to

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:23:52 +0100, John Woodgate Gave us:

Well, reach down, fill up a shoe, and take a big fat swig!

Ooops... too late. :-]

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:39:03 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Must be the constant pain. :-[

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

In message , dated Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Michael A. Terrell writes

You had me worried there for a moment!

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

Pouring instructions are on the bottom of every CE-marked boot.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Lots of battery packs have embedded uPs these days.

John

My left arm was hurting so bad a couple days ago i was ready to let the doctors go ahead and sever the nerve bundle above my left elbow to stop it. Most of the time it is just my left hand that throbs and feels like an electric shock.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Welcome back, anyway! ;)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And yet you steadfastly refuse to even consider the possibility that alternative treatments could be useful - hypnosis and acupuncture spring to mind, amongst many others.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Hello Frank,

So why, then, do the Texas Instruments EZ430 kits that I have here not carry a CE mark? These are self-contained programmer-target combos for their MSP430 series. Supposedly made in Germany and these are sold worldwide. Certainly also in Europe.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Not so actually. Cars for example come under a different scheme and I've yet to fathom the meaning of the 'e' on food products.

Quick ! Report TI to the CE Police !

I've also noticed that some memory for PCs is marked CE and others isn't.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Hello Graham,

Nah, I think that company has strictly enforced standard operating procedures for anything they make. They would know.

We buy lots of stuff from Europe. Just got another water bottle so I looked inside our fridge. Could not find a CE mark on the Nescafe squeeze bottle. None on the chocolate either.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I was only joking ! ;~)

I suspect they do. It's a 'sub-assembly' of sorts - not a 'finished product' and not on sale to the public, which likely exempts it.

CE doesn't apply to food. Look for the lower case 'e' though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:22:02 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Pinched nerve? Accident damage? War wound?

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

Carpal tunnel in both hands and severe nerve damage in my left arm as a complication of Type II Diabetes and high blood pressure.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Mine (two shipments) are all CE marked. On the back of the DVD-style case, just left of the stick-on label.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:18:32 +0100, Eeyore Gave us:

Production processes, and packaging. Can you really be that dopey?

Do you know what a "carbon footprint" is?

Reply to
Phat Bytestard