LCD-capable SBC?

Hi all,

I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are basically what I want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more compatible with LCD panels. Ideally, I could run X on the display, which is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P

Thanks, Ben

Reply to
Ben Eills

Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:08:09 +0100, Ben Eills a écrit:

Consider AVR32-Ap7000 as a serious candidate for your project. (avr32linux.org)

--
HBV
Reply to

"Ben Eills" skrev i meddelandet news:fn7vq9$ufn$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

I saw a demo today of OpenEmbedded (Ångström) running on the AT91SAM9263, using an 800 x 480 screen.

Ångström is X-Windows on top of Linux-2.6.x using the Gnome window manager. Check out
for more info.
is also useful.
--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

"Habib Bouaziz-Viallet" skrev i meddelandet news:479788c9$0$24506$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

AP7000 is also supported by the dev branch of Openembedded (announced today :-)

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Le Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:40:56 +0100, Ulf Samuelsson a écrit:

Hi !

Unfortunately openembedded.org did not work. It would be funny to see running the Big Stuff X on AT91.

--
HBV
Reply to