Where to find LCD inverter board.

Lost the light on my 18.1 inch SGT-18QX (marketed by SmartGlas and OEMed for them by Optoma. Neither the seller or the manufacturer has replacement parts or even info or manuals. Optomo OEMs LCDs for lots of brands including Gateway, Dell, Compaq, etc. I wonder if a board for one of the above (with 6 connectors) would do for my unit. Any better ideas out there?

Reply to
mitten

Lost the light on my 18.1 inch SGT-18QX (marketed by SmartGlas and OEMed for them by Optoma. Neither the seller or the manufacturer has replacement parts or even info or manuals. Optomo OEMs LCDs for lots of brands including Gateway, Dell, Compaq, etc. I wonder if a board for one of the above (with 6 connectors) would do for my unit. Any better ideas out there?

Reply to
mitten

Maybe the inverter board is serviceable? Sometimes there are bad caps on these. They can be tested with an ESR meter. If the semiconductors are of generic types, they may be able to be easily replaced if they are defective.

--
JANA
_____

Are you sure problem is in the inverter? More common is the CCFL bulbs have worn out.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Digi-Key sells ccfl lamps and inverters, if you're interested in trying to fit something that may not exactly match. You could also make the world's only ultraviolet tv.

(I mean you can get white lamps too if that's your thing. :)

Reply to
stickyfox

I've seen far more bad inverters than bad bulbs. None of the bad bulbs I've seen refused to light, they were just off color (often WAY off color), or dim. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe