Recommend Single Board Computer (SBC)?

Can anyone recommend an SBC for an upcoming project. I just need this to show a proof-of-concept.

Absolute Must Haves: RS232 serial port Removeable memory card (SD preferred, but CompactFlash would be OK). At least 8 digital outputs, (1 being a Form-C relay preferred).

Nice to haves: LCD character or similar display Ability to drive discrete LED's. (4 of the 8 digital outputs) On-board power regulation (will run from automotive 12VDC)

Really nice to have: Visual Basic programming capability. (Windows CE?) Ready-to-go code to read/write the removable memory.

Budget: $300, (QTY-1), but flexible if an alternative can speed up development. Remember, this is for "show and tell" only.

Thanks!!!!

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Tern has lost of stuff. But C++

Martin Riddle

See if you like anything here:

JeffM

Just look for a small PC like the VIA Artigo:

Outputs, memory, serial port, etc can be connected thru USB.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

| >Absolute Must Haves: | >RS232 serial port | >Removeable memory card (SD preferred, but CompactFlash would be OK). | >At least 8 digital outputs, (1 being a Form-C relay preferred). | | Just look for a small PC like the VIA Artigo: |

| | Outputs, memory, serial port, etc can be connected thru USB. | | -- | Failure does not prove something is impossible, failure simply | indicates you are not using the right tools... | "If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer!"

Trying to get board level (I/O) information from VIA is like pulling teeth.

Martin Riddle

??? We have downloaded all the information from VIA's website.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Easy... try:

[No financial interest other than being a satisfied customer]
Reply to
cassiope