BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200-
EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

I have built images using OpenEmbedded for the 9260EK and a number of
other systems.  I assume it would also work well with the AT91RM9200.
Kernel support is pretty good in the mainline kernel for these
processors.

Cliff

--
======================
http://bec-systems.com

Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

What is this openembedded that everyone is talking about? I have been
using buildroot infrastructure for our custom board AT91RM9200 (based on
ATMEL Dev Kit) and it works fine.

HBV

Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

Their web site is down at the moment (at least I can not access), so
take a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded

Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

Look like the web site is back up :-)

OpenEmbedded is just another build system for building embedded Linux
distributions.  Some of the reasons I use it are:
- _lots_ of packages -- 1000's: http://www.openembedded.org/filebrowser/org .=
openembedded.dev/packages
- fairly consistent and symmetrical build system
- support for lots of targets:  http://www.openembedded.org/filebrowser/org .=
openembedded.dev/conf/machine
- works on about any Linux workstation as OE builds many of the native
tools needed

Depending what you need, OE does a pretty good job.  Each tool has its
strength, so it really comes down to what need.

http://bec-systems.com/web/content/view/63/9 /

Cliff

--
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D
http://bec-systems.com

Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

Hi Terry,
you have various options :-)

1. Standard vanilla kernel with AT91 patches
  ftp://ftp.eu.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.23.tar.bz2
  http://maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/2.6/2.6.23-at91.patch.gz

2. OpenEmbedded
  http://www.openembedded.org

3. Linux4Sam from Atmel
  http://www.linux4sam.org/twiki/bin/view/Linux4SAM/LinuxKernel

4. Our KaeilOS embedded linux (last but not least)
  http://www.kaeilos.com

If these would not be enough, google may help you ;-)

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN SAS | Bergamo - Italia
  embedded and real-time software engineering