Subject Author Posted Replies

Bus2IP_WR/RDCE XIO_Out/in32 EDK 9.1
Hello all, I am writing to one of the software programmable registers (slv_reg0,1,2..) on a OPB slaves in the system using XIO_out32 command. It was working fine for sometime. but recently when i...
1
1

Quicksim/modelsim
I am writing a testbench and one of the clock is a "gated clock" - meaning clock is clocking every time gate goes active. so say that gate pulses at time T. Then clock goes active at T+ 10uS for...
1
1

ICAP attached to Microblaze on Virtex 2-pro..
Hi everybody, I'm trying to partially reconfigure my device (XC2VP30 on ML310 board) through ICAP. I have my ICAP attached to OPB which is attached to Microblaze. In bitgen.ut file I have set the...
6
6

Why must a V4 be configured within 10 minutes of power up?
I was looking at the Virtex4 specs and notices a spec (Tconfig) that says you must configure within 10 minutes of applying Vccint. I don't plan on violating this spec, but it struck me as odd. Just...
5
5

ANNC: ADC to FPGA Interface Webcast
It's unfortunate that the webcast requires a propietary win32 plugin installation. Rather then just provide a plain straightforward video url.
5
5

ASAP 2008 Submission deadline extended till 5th March'08
Dear Colleagues, Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP. !!! DEADLINE EXTENDED !!! New Submission Deadline: 5 March 2008...

Xilinx's microblaze hangs when a timer interrupt occurs after a "rand()" instruction.
Hi, I have implemented a Microblaze v7.00.b with EDK 9.2 on a Virtex 4 fx12. A timer (xps_timer v1.00.a) generates an interrupt which is relayed by an interrupt controller (xps_intc v1.00.a) to the...
6
6

Tomorrow at Embeded in Nurnberg: Portable XSVF player demo
Hi I was not sure if i can get a working demo ready but it looks it I did: it just shows a handheld device running embedded XSVF player executing some XSVF file from micro-SD card. Wi-fi support is...

SPI indirect programming using spartan 3e
Will it be possible to use indirect programming of an SPI flash for Spartan 3E in future releases of ISE ? Im using 9.2, and if i choose "Enable programming of SPI flash device attached to this FPGA"...
3
3

How to connect FPGA to a ASIC Board?
Hello Techies, I would like to use an off the shelf FPGA which I would be develpoing to test an ASIC or other FPGA. My questions is, 1. How do we connect the Output of FPGAs as Input of the ASIC and...
8
8

Viewing RTL schematic in Xilinx ISE
How can the RTL schematic of a VHDL design be viewed in Xilinx ISE 9.2? I just upgraded from 8.2 because I couldn't find it there (and the upgrade was long due anyway), but I still have not found it....
2
2

OPB_MDM as UART in a PowerPC design
Hi everybody, I work with a VirtexIIPro in a design with PowerPC processor. I have some problems with the opb_mdm to work as uart. My board has not RS232 peripheral, so I used a OPB_MDM and a PLB2OPB...

Preventing optimization in cross clock domain logic
In a situation where it is necessary to cross between two clock domains within an FPGA, I might use logic that produces an output toggle (toggle_out) on the 2nd clock in response to a single-cycle...
6
6

Convert some table into combinatorial circuit + optimization
Hi. Let's say, I have big table which is usually suitable to fit it in some ROM. But it's possible to construct some circuit containing only primitive gates that acts just as that ROM. Here is an...
7
7

ModelSim Natural arg value is negative
Hello Folks, Listed below is a simple NoBL SRAM model that I use to help me debug. Recently, I've been getting a ModelSim error numstd_conv_unsigned_nu Natural arg value is negative. I Googled this...
3
3