Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

Michael Black wrote, on Tue, 08 Apr 2014 14:22:06 -0400:

Good point. I learned how to skid into a guardrail in icy conditions on my first (used) card. Thank god it was a clunker!

This L9 seems to be a clunker.

I read most of the reviews on Amazon and it seems like the only ones happy with it are people who never had a phone before and they're just overjoyed that the thing can show videos on youtube.

No serious smartphone user would even think it usable though so I don't know how the op was tricked since the phone specs, even taken at face value, suck.

With only 4gb to start with, and everyone knows that the sd card can't be used, nobody in his right mind should buy this phone, even as a gift.

Reply to
Rodruigo Garcia

Anyone can buy a great $700 phone but it takes an expert Android user to buy a good $200 phone.

The only good $200 phone I know of is the 16gb MOTO-G. Do you know of any other 16GB $200 phones?

Reply to
Kerry Blethan

Poor babies!

Reply to
nobody

Really? Define "serious smartphone user". Not everyone needs gobs of memory.

Reply to
nobody

Excellent summary!

-- chris

Reply to
Chris Uppal

Not really. You just have to do some research. Lots of people by great cars for $20,000 without having to be an automotive engineer or even a mechanic.

Reply to
nobody

Kids are major customers for anything that keeps their attention so parents don't have to deal with them. Kids are not entitled to smartphones and games on them. Kids need more than access to computers and games at all times. Putting a kid on a computer to play is not parenting. It's not hard to see why the product of our education system is waining.

Reply to
nobody

Yup. The product "is waining" ... 'cuz the system is *faling* :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp

tlvp

And the system includes the parents, the kids, and the schools and teachers. The land of opportunity has morphed into the land of entitlement.

Reply to
nobody

One could possess the best education possible, yet still be fumble-fingered and careless. In my rather limited experience, the higher the education, the more overconfident, and the more prone to carelessness. And, the less forgiving of carelessness in others.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

People can be "fumble-fingered and careless" regardlesst of their level of education. Unless you have some real evidence to back up your claim that "the higher the education, the more overconfident, and the more prone to carelessness". You did say "In my rather limited experience", so perhaps you should get more education and see if it makes you "fumble-fingered and careless".

But I will still support improving the education level in the country and take the risk of you unbased claims.

Reply to
nobody

My post wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at the person who pointed out your obvious typos, implying that they negated your point.

There are many kinds of education. I have a BSEE, so I am not entirely uneducated in the sense that you mean in your posts. I am also the son and grandson of men who, while they never completed high school, were some of the smartest people that I've ever known - in the ways that really matter.

From time to time I find myself fumble-fingered when it comes to typing, and careless when in a hurry or when my mind is on something else. I am, after all, human - a point my father and grandfather took great pains to teach me.

Most of those I've met who can put strings of letters after their names won't readily admit to that kind of thing, even though I've seen them make as many or more mistakes than I do.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

... and you *fail* to see it should be *waning* :-) ? Cheers, -- tlvp

tlvp

Ah, I should have tried *bolding* my smiley -- so: *:-)* . Cheers, -- tlvp

tlvp

Ah, glad there are still folks who appreciate light-hearted irony :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp

tlvp

The "kids" are evolving. Their brains are being organized around a collective consciousness and this is a mass communications religious Renaissance based on common sense in the most literal sense of the term. These guys won't get fooled all the time.

"The kids are alright" -Peter Townshend

Reply to
dave

The Land of Whiny Billionaires is more like it.

Reply to
dave

I've heard that your typical BSEE can't draw two 3 phase transformers connected in Delta Wye configuration. They learn a lot of DC and network theory and junk like that, but couldn't connect a conveyor belt to the mains to save their lives. Is this true?

Reply to
dave

I wouldn't know. I don't have much to do with "typical" BSEEs. Note that I didn't say my occupation is as an EE. My degree is nearly 45 years old, but it is still a degree, and it brands me as having been educated, often much to my dismay.

I run the family farm, third generation of my family to do so. I've never done any 3 phase work, nor do I pretend to be qualified in that area. My work as an engineer ran more toward using computers. However, I have been known to repair a motor for a hay elevator before now, have rebuilt several tractor alternators and starter motors. My formal education gave me a base to learn those skills, among others, but I went from that base on my own.

The main thing schooling taught me was how to learn.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

Probably. The BSEE curriculum is divided into specialties, with the majority focusing on computer architecture, not electrical network architecture. It's been that way for decades now. Your expectation is sort of like asking a cardiologist to perform brain surgery.

Reply to
M.L.