Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

they're guessing which is which, which means there's no difference.

Reply to
nospam

Sorry, unless for something truly simple I regard youtube instructional videos as barely more reliable than advertisements or reviews. I looked at several claiming to show how to bend some parts of my Canon A720is camera so it would not constantly be signaling 'low battery'. Theirs didn't even look like mine.

--
Cheers, Bev
Organized people will never know the sheer joyous ecstasy of finding

I automatically disbelieve any with piss-poor grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc., as well as those who just sound stupid. I'd guess less than 10%, but I'm a hopeful pessimist at heart :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
Organized people will never know the sheer joyous ecstasy of finding
something that was believed to have been irretrievably lost.
                                                          -- D. Stern
Reply to
The Real Bev

That number is actually dependent on the kind of driving you do -- the only value the mpg rating has is as a comparison tool with other vehicles rated by the same entity. That's very different.

Never having bought a new car, I'll take your word for the miles/tank thing. All things considered, I've been satisfied with the cheap used cars I've purchased. You can test drive them, sniff, listen, look at the oil and transmission fluid, bounce them, push buttons, etc. I would never buy a car -- even a new one -- just by reading the spec sheet or instruction manual.

OTOH, I don't have much confidence in my ability to choose or fix a car with electrical/computer-driven works. In this case I have to trust the manufacturer based on previous experience. This means I buy only Toyota, or maybe Mazda. GM and Nissan cars have been disappointing, and a friend says he would never own a BMW if his son wasn't a BMW mechanic and could get him free repair and discounts on purchases. Toyotas, however, have been bulletproof no matter how badly they were abused.

--
Cheers, Bev
"My life outside of USENET is so full of love and kindness that I have

There's also the element of unexpectedness. We have all gone into a room looking for something and not finding it, gon somewhere else, returned to the original room and found the item in plain sight. It has to do with your mind constructing reality out of what the eye shows it. If it doesn't know what something is, it makes something up out of what it's experienced previously.

The article talks about the difficulty in judging the range to a dazzled ship, but other articles have referred to the mnd of the enemy refusing to see something so different from what a ship was supposed to look like.

--
Cheers, Bev
"My life outside of USENET is so full of love and kindness that I have
  to come here to find the venom and bile that I crave."   --R. Damiani
Reply to
The Real Bev

Until they get slapped in the face with the Trout of Truth :-)

--
Cheers, Bev
"My life outside of USENET is so full of love and kindness that I have
  to come here to find the venom and bile that I crave."   --R. Damiani
Reply to
The Real Bev

Where, if not the sources previously listed, might one look for this information? Thus far nobody has answered that question.

If you read a dozen articles and NOBODY mentions the fact that (a) there's not a lot of internal memory available to additional apps the user might want to download and (b) that the external sdcard can't be used to run applications, there's no reason to suspect that either of those things might be true.

--
Cheers,
Bev
"My life outside of USENET is so full of love and kindness that I have
  to come here to find the venom and bile that I crave."   --R. Damiani
Reply to
The Real Bev

The last two cars I bought actually do better than the EPA estimate most of the time. But I'm not a leadfoot most of the time. Eric

Reply to
etpm

I'm a farmer. Except for four years at a state university and a two-year stint in the military at the request of Richard Nixon and The Congress of The United States, I've always been a farmer.

If you were to look up the word "optimist" in an illustrated dictionary, you'd probably see a picture of a farmer.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

I found one on using a Harbor Freight Chain Saw Sharpener to be rather helpful. It showed me how the thing was supposed to work, so I could see what had to be modified on mine to make up for the shoddy workmanship of its construction. It did a fine job once I fixed it.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

I didn't say the cars were new.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

They are probably guessing so there is probably no difference. If you do a vaild statistical analysis, you can compute the "probability".

Reply to
nobody

Or they really don't care because it does what the need it to do.

Reply to
nobody

But when they say there is too much bloatware, won't you wonder what the consequences of that were?

How about asking on the section for the phone of interest on any of the more than a few android forums. Of course if you don't trust anyone, then no source will be of value.

Reply to
nobody

I am referring to SBR, which you edited away.

Reply to
dave

Psychoacoustics matters too and unheard artifacts can annoy one on a subliminal level.

Reply to
dave

nonsense. if you can't hear it, it makes no difference whatsoever.

double-blind tests have proven this time and time again.

Reply to
nospam

Annoyance at having to delete it just so you don't have to look at it. Like ads. I'm not going to respond to them and I just don't want to look at them. I'm trying to decide whether I would assume they took up significant amounts of space or not, but I'm leaning toward "How could a company be stupid enough to put all this crap on something if it keeps users from doing something else that they want to do?"

Good writers who don't say something stupid or that I know to be wrong get more trust. Most people are assholes. Haven't you discovered that?

--
Cheers,
Bev

Subscribe today to "Fire in the Hole - the Quarterly Journal
for Incinerator Toilet Enthusiasts"                -- Andrew
Reply to
The Real Bev

Only on Usenet. And those who comment on news articles, of course. But face-to-face, no. I deal with the general public in a seasonal retail situation on a daily basis, and I find that most by far are decent, honest folk.

TJ

Reply to
TJ

Tell that to an epileptic driving north past a stand of roadside trees at sunset. Can't hear the rapid cycling of sun and shade, but it can sure trigger a fit. (You're welcome.) Cheers, -- tlvp

tlvp