T-mobile rubbish network

I think it may be interesting to know how T-mobile behaves in countries whe re customers are not protected adequately by the law.

I live in The Netherlands; I made the mistake to start a subscription with T-mobile at the end of August. Soon I realized that their data network is r ubbish: in the place where I live (in the center of a 15000 people town), I get between zero and a few kbps (but mostly zero): I can not even check th e subject of my e-mails, completely useless; nevertheless on the web site o f T-mobile the area is specified as covered properly. Within the first week , which according to the European regulation (in theory) allows a customer to cancel a contract, I phoned the call center to perform the cancellation; I was told to do this in the shop where I signed the contract; I had to dr ive far from my work and during working time in order to do it; I got a rec eipt of the request; I kept on wasting my time testing if it was a temporar y problem but after two more weeks I was convinced that it was impossible t o hope for more than nothing from their network; I got an sms asking me to call the call center which confirmed that there was no temporary problem; I confirmed to the call center the request to cancel the subscription many m ore times but nothing happened; at the beginning of October I sent a fax (y ou have no address, only the useless call center or the fax number). I got no reply, it is clear that they try to exhaust you by refusing any contact except with the call center which can not forward you any responsible, usel ess as their network.

Please choose another provider for your cellular

Reply to
sirjo_le

Am 05.11.2012 11:25, schrieb sirjo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.it:

[...]

It is not primarily a technical problem You have with T-mobile, but a question of style and habits of the t-mobile people.

Of course it could happen, that there are certain areas, that are not covered properly. But this is a possibility in mobile phone systems.

But t-mobile should NOT send you back to the contract salesmen. This is silly! Instead they are the contractors and should provide the offered service. If they can't, what could happen, they should allow to cancel the contract.

But actually I had bad experiences with this company, too. So 't-mobile bashing' is something I would agree.

TH

Reply to
Thomas Heger