Change ROM contents, .bit file

Hi,

I would like to edit ROM contents in Virtex-4 .bit file (in order to avoid re-synthesis/P&R). Is there any information available how to do this? Already 'googled' the web and searched Xilinx' web page. So far no success. Any suggestion welcome! Thanks.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil

Phil,

The easiest way to change the distrubuted or block ram INIT values is to edit the .ncd file in FPGA Editor. You can then regenerate a new .bit file without running through the entire implemenation flow. If you are unfamiliar with the .bit binary format or the .rbt ASCII format, I would not recommned you attempt to alter these in an attemt top change the ROM contents.

-David

Reply to
davide

re-synthesis/P&R). Is there any information available how to do this? Already 'googled' the web and searched Xilinx' web page. So far no success. Any suggestion welcome! Thanks.

Look for documentation on the data2mem tool. It does exactly what you want. (I assume that you are using BlockRAMs for your ROM now.)

/Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Ehliar