Sony KP51HW40

Looked at this set for a friend,.She stated the red would start flickering , the get bright and shut down. Blink code was 8 blinks. I turned the red screen down a little and the set came on and stayed on for a while then it started again, Slight flicker at first on red, keeps getting brighter then shut down. the green and blue seem to hold steady, I downloaded a schematic, But cant read it. so dont have any voltage reading. At first thought flyback. But then wouldnt the blue and green be flickering to? I saw an earlier post where some one had a 8 blink code and the techs suggested the HV block. Anyone got any help on this one? With part #s Charlie snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Charlie East

Probably a bad red CRT and or driver board, if you've never changed a CRT in a PJTV you may want to get an experienced tech, Mechanicaly changing the CRT isn't that bad, other than the PITA anode lead sony is so fond of, however setting the convergence, etc after can be a real pain if you arent careful.

Jammy

Reply to
ampdoc