sony KV-27FS100 set dead.

sony tv dead with stanby light blinking. I replaced the horizontal output transistor and turned on set and it shorted the output transistor at turn on. could the high voltage transformer also be shorted?

Reply to
clinton

The answer is YES. But you should also verify if the scan generator output will be reaching the horizontal output transistor. They may also have been a failure in the horizontal driver area as well.

In many instances, if the horizontal output device is blown, there may also be problems with the power supply, and support circuits that work with the horizontal output stage.

--

JANA
_____

"clinton"  wrote in