Power Net Seminar Announcement

I'll be presenting a Net Seminar on both FPGA and HardCopy II power this Thursday, March 11, at 11 am Pacific Standard Time. It'll be a technical presentation, so I believe it'll be of interest to most of the people on this group who have been following the power debate for the last few months.

In this talk, I'll:

- give an overview of how to analyze power accurately

- describe the steps we took to optimize total device power (dynamic + static + IO) in Stratix II

- provide both estimator/specification-based and measured power comparisons between Stratix II and Virtex 4

- describe the power you can expect from Altera's HardCopy II structured ASICs (hint: low :).

See

for details and to register (registration is free of course!).

Vaughn Betz Altera [v b e t z (at) altera.com]

Reply to
Vaughn Betz

The next Thursday March 11th is in the year 2010 so I figure you mean March

24th as it says in the link :-) I hope the talk is informative (for a reasonable engineer).

months.

comparisons

Reply to
John_H

March

Whoops, that was quite the typo! Yes, I meant Thursday, March 24. Although 2010 would certainly give me lots of time to prepare :).

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Vaughn [v b e t z (at) altera.com]

Reply to