Need help regarding DMA ..

Hi Guys.. I need to write in VHDL code to do a DMA from SDRAM to my IP on the new ML 310 board..I have lot of questions ..So I just wanted some example from where in I can start of.But I am not able to find any examples ..and moreover my IP is sitting on OPB (On Chip Peripheral Bus)..So I need to be a master inorder to do a DMA ..After that I have no idea about the things that I have to do ..Actually my questions are do I need to inlcude the ddr core that Xilinx gives when u create the EDK project or else do I need to have a SDRAM controller within my IP only...So if anybody has done this sort of stuff ..please help me out ..

-- Parag Beeraka

Reply to
beeraka