Quartus Problem

I have changed from Quartus II 4.2 to 5.1. Now I am getting much more warnings ;-). My design works normally but the warning of the fitter I do not understand: Warning: Performance of this circuit may degrade because the Fitter Delay Information is not loaded. The Quartus Help says: CAUSE: Certain devices are only used internally by either product engineering or the timing modelling group. The Fitter Delay Information is not built for such devices to save build time. This can also happen when the user sets an INI that explicitly disable FDI loading. ACTION: If an INI is explicitly set to disable FDI loading, try removing it.

I can't find any setting for this. I'm using an APEX20KE EP20K200EFC672-3 which is not only "used internally" I think.

Please help, Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Balik

It sounds like you use a device in your project that the new version of quartus is claiming wasn't meant to be synthesized into real logic, rather than claiming that your APEX device wasn't meant to be used.

Did you try searching in Altera's online knowledge base?

Reply to
Noway2

Manfred,

This warning does not apply to families prior to Stratix. The appearance of this warning will, in no way, alter the performance or run-time of your compilation. This warning will be removed in the next Quartus II service pack (i.e. 5.1 SP1).

- Mark

[mbourgea (at) altera com]
Reply to
Mark

To rule out a logical problem, I would run: Processing, Start, Start Analysis and Synthesis And when that is done: Tools, RTL viewer

If this looks clean I would open a case with Altera.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Hi Manfred,

This message is being incorrectly printed. It is a bug that it is printed, and it has been corrected (by removing the message) in Quartus II 5.1 SP1. Ignore the message -- your design functionality and optimization are fine.

Basically our most recent FPGA families (Stratix, Stratix II, Cyclone, etc.) use a different method of storing delay information for optimization during the fitting procedure. This message says that new method is not being used. For APEX that is expected -- it uses a different method, and always will.

Regards,

Vaughn Betz [v b e t z (at) altera.com]

Reply to
Vaughn Betz