No submodule instantiation as seen in FPGA Editor

Hello,

I have a top level module for a XCV1000. It has a following specified UCF for the pin and netname mappings. I have instantiated to fo the DLLs and two user modules. The DLLs are the same as in XAPP132 for a 4X clock signal generation. When I generate the bit file and look at the design with FPGA Editor, I don't see any signals or CLBs for one of the two user defined modules. There are some warnings about clock signals and I am using "clock_signal" synthesis attribute to tell XST which are the clocks, basically restricting the clocks and reducing the GCLK usage. When I comment out one of the modules that is instanitated all the time and re-synthesize, I see module instantiation. I have put the files online that I think may be helpful. These files can be found at:

The top level module is CP2_FPGA and I instantiate two user modules within CP2_FPGA:

R3000Init1 Test00a

The R3000Init1 always shows up and Test00a doesn't. If I comment out R3000Init1, then Test00a shows up in FPGA editor. I have attached the log files when I synthesize with both modules: R3KandTest00.txt and with just the Test00a: JustTest00.txt. The CP2_FPGA.ncd is the file for FPGA Editor for the first case (both modules) and CP2_FPGA_last_par.ncd is the FPGA Editor file for the latter case, when R3000Init1 is commented out.

I can include other files, but it is strange that the instantiated module is not in the FPGA Editor with the related CLB's depending on what other modules exist. I would like a highly modular design for easy of debugging and code management. Any idea's why the module doesn't appear in the FPGA?

Thanks, John D. Davis

Reply to
John D. Davis

Found an issue with the Verilog module please ignore. However, it would be nice if the Xilinx tools gave a big warning saying that nothing was synthesized, placed and routed for module X...

Cheers, JOhn

John D. Davis PhD Candidate Computer Systems Lab Office # 1.650.723.6891 Stanford University Fax # 1.650.725.6949

Reply to
John D. Davis