Newbie: add opb_ddr to a project

Hello,

I'm a total newbie to fpga configuration and EDK and so. At present I'm trying to add some cores to projects created from scratch with the base system builder, but I find it hard to succeed in doing it.

I'd like my hardware to support DDR as the card I'm working on (Avnet XC4VLX25) has a ddr memory block. Actually my problem is concerning the "port" tab in the "add/edit cores" dialog: how can I know which ports I have to connect, and where should I connect them? Could anyone tell me where I am supposed to find this information?

Thanks!

Bertrand

Reply to
Bertrand Rousseau

For every core there's a PDF with documentation explaining all the ports and parameters. If you double-click on the core in the schematic, there's a "doc"-button that opens the PDF. Or you can go to $EDK/hw/something, there's a folder for every core with a subfolder "doc", containing the PDF.

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

Thanks a lot.

Is it also possible to know which ports are optional? I couldn't find any information about that in the pdf file.

Reply to
Bertrand Rousseau