XPS MPMC

Hi all ,

I have been stumped by xilinx tools again ! I have just baught a Evaluation board , whos supporting software , base system etc where writen using EDK 8.1 using older IP cores. Now I am using EDK 9.2i and all the IP cores in the catalogue are new and not compatable with the microblaze version on the older base system that came with the eval board. Is there an easy way to reuse this older base system without rebuilding a new base system from scratch?

I tried to preempt the problem by downloading the lates base system file from avnet , but this doesnt give an option for interfacing the Micron DDR SDRAM (MT46V16M16FG-75)! I am currently trying to use the XPS MPMC from the IP catalogue , which apparently support interfacing with the exact SDRAM , but when I configure it , it takes away all the IO lines for DDR!

is it a tools bug or am I doing something wrong that causes this?

has any one seen such things?

Thanks

Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

Rate,

Yes, all the tools need to have the same release.

Perhaps in the future we can create separate modules and have them be backward compatible, but for right now, the effort is better spent on having the entire release as bug free as possible, supporting all of the features.

Typically in a commercial setting, the version of the software is "frozen" and placed under engineering change control at the start of a project. That way, there is no wasted time as the project moves forward, as all the tools are "approved" and verified.

Austin

Reply to
austin

True , but in our case there is lagacy code import issues. The application should have backwards compatability.

rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

Rate,

"should" would be nice, yes.

No question there.

But, we do state that we must have all elements of the software toolset at the same revision level (ISE rev must = EDK rev, etc.).

Sorry,

Austin

Reply to
austin