edk 8.1

Hello, I have two questions that hopefully someone will be able to provide some info on>

  1. Has anyone developed a custom embedded PowerPC system for a card other than the demo boards available from vendors like Avnet, Xilinx, etc. I have a pmc module with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM and 6 MB of QDRAM. It has a VirtexPro XC2PV70 on it also. I'd like to use EDK to test a ppc implementation on that card. I have vendor specific VHDL that allows me to read and write the memories but the code does not instantiate the Power PC. I want to replace their library with cores from the EDK to read and write the memory from the PPC and do some basic I/O under control of the PPC.
  2. In EDK version 8.102i, when I try to select the Generic DDR controller in the base system builder the "Add devices" button of the GUI disappears and I can not add any more devices. If I add a UART or other device it seems to work ok. I have 7.1 installed on another pc and when I selected the Generic DDR controller it all seemed to work ok. I haven't contacted Xilinx about this yet. Has anyone else noticed this bug?

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks,

CTW

Reply to