How to create a library for a Xilinx project

Hi, I have a project that have many files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator.

Now I put all those vhdl files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator into my project.

I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by ModelSim software.

I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.

Please help.

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

You have a 'gmail' address; surely you have heard of Google?

Google search for "modelsim create library". The link you want is the

2nd one.
Reply to
ghelbig

vlib my_cores vlog -work my_cores core0.v

HTH, Jim

Weng Tianxiang wrote:

Reply to
Jim Wu

Hi Wu, I found the simplest way to create a library for a project while using ModelSim:

  1. Put all necessary *.vhd files into one proejct directory;
  2. Compile them without errors;
  3. Delete all *.vhd files that are generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator or something similar;

These deleted *.vhd code are still referenced properly in the work library and there are no need to generate a separate library.

Any comments?

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Not sure what you're trying to do. If you just want to avoid re-compiling the core libraries, you don't have to delete the source files. What you can do is to do the compile in two steps:

vlog -f my_core_files vlog -f my_design_files

If you make any changes to your design files, you only need to run the second step.

HTH, Jim

Jim Wu

Hi Jim, Thank you.

Weng