EDK 8.1 ... delay

Hi, does anybody know when EDK 8.1 will be ready? I'm also trying to buy the licence of Chipscope 8.1 from Avnet, but I had no answer yet??? Also.... how many people in this newsgoup are happy with the support from Avnet? I'm very unhappy .....:-(

Thanks , Francesco

Reply to
Francesco

EDK 8.1 is available from late last week to existing customers by the download mechanism. I expect the CD/DVD version would be long before it is delivered. Chipscope 8.1 has been out for a free weeks.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of MINI-CAN. The FPGA Development Board supporting PCI and CAN Bus..

John Adair

I just spoke to someone in Xilinx Customer Service, and she said that although they had expected the official release of EDK 8.1 to occur this past Monday, that apparently it did not, and she's not sure when it will be.

The same thing happened with ISE 8.1; some customers were able to download it before the official release, but others were not.

It seems reasonable to expect that the official release will occur soon.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

Well I just started the download so I think it is really there. I'll know for definate in about 2 hours. I got the notification on the 20th Jan and I don't think we are on the advanced list for distribution. As with any of the major vendor software releases I would ideally wait for a service pack or two to be released before use on a really critical project. However if it has features you need today then go ahead and hope that the internal distribution that goes on Xilinx, before release, has picked up the major bugs.

John Adair Enterpo>> EDK 8.1 is available from late last week to existing customers by the

Reply to
John Adair