edk 8.2 user needed

hi

i have a digilent spartan 3e board (rev. D) and i'm trying to get the ethernet going. i'm using microblaze/ethernetlite as hardware. xilkenerl an lwip as software. everything seems to initialize fine but when i try to connect via telnet it takes a long time to connect and when i ping the board i have a lot of packet loss.

i read on the xilinx webpage that in edk version 8.2 it is possible to generate sample ethernet code. since i only have the version 8.1 i really would appriciate it if somebody could do this for me and send me the code / project if possible.

does anybody have some other ideas what could be wrong perhaps?

thanks urban

Reply to
u_stadler

u snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.de schrieb:

you can test out the network on s3e starterkit by taking the demo reference design and linux images from

verify that it works, then you have one golden edk system that is know to work, from there continue testing with your own software

Antti

FPGA programming without HDL

Reply to
Antti

thanks for the tipp. just trying that out now.

but i would still like to try the sample code from edk out. so perhaps somebody could generate that for me. that would really help me a lot.

thanks

Reply to
u_stadler

Antti,

I clicked on your link above, and it's just a bit of text, no links, nothing. I'm using a recent mozilla browser. Is that all that's supposed to happen when you visit the site?

-Dave

--
David Ashley                http://www.xdr.com/dash
Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture

u snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.de schrieb:

Hi,

The Xilinx-Ethernet core has some limitations regarding the clock speed.

100 MBit operation requires the OPB clock to be at least 65 MHz. To use 10 MBit link speed 6,5 MHz is sufficient.

You should also check your half-/full-duplex setting. I have experienced problems using autonegotiation with the uClinux running on an ML405.

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Hofmann