Spartan 3E Starter Kit and EDK 8.2

Hi,

I'm trying to build and test a simple project for Spartan 3E Starter Kit rev D (S3ESK) board using Xilinx EDK tool and using the BSB wizard. The project is the auto generated peripherals test. These peripherals are simply a 8 LEDs, 4 DIP Switches, 4 Push Buttons and a UART lite. The problem is that when I use EDK 8.2 the project compile and load to the FPGA without any error but it simply does nothing. But, if I use EDK 8.1 then the test does what it suppose to do (print on the uart, read switches state and flash a leds). I've tried it out on 2 different PC's. I even try to use the BSB but with the "I would like to create a system from a custom board" option, but it didn't help.

Is there any known bug related to edk8.2 and S3ESK or I should do some special steps to get it work with EDK 8.2????

Reply to
thomas.b36

Use ISE flow to implement this. I don't know why but I had the same problem in virtexIIPro. Another option is to look the bitgen.ut.

Reply to
Pablo