circuit for separating ISDN from DSL

Hello newsgroup, we are three enthusiasted electronics amateurs and we got that idea into our heads to build our own splitter box. I have a ISDN+ADSL connection at home. Based on that connection we would like to separate the a) DSL signal b) ISDN signal c) Analog telephone signal (POTS?) with an appropriate self-implemented hardware setup. Does someone have experience with this, which he / she would like to share with me? Has somebody already implemented such a cicruit or could someone explain to me how this is achieved best? A block diagram would be surely helpful, because unfortunately we do not have much notion of the whole telecom stuff. Are there integrated solutions, i.e. special components, which one could use? I would search for components myself but I don't have a clue under which keyword those components are traded? It would also be helpful to know something about the expected signal characteristics, e.g. voltage swing, offset, frequency range, etc. I can remember something like voltage offset of -60V at the POTS signal.... or something like that? What about the ringing impulse with ISDN and POTS? It is definitely different with bioth, I guess?!

Any kind of answer and held is highly appreciated.

Best regards Max

Reply to
M. Bayerer

There isn't enough useful info here to help you at all, except to suggest you go to google and learn much more.

What are the bit rates of the "ISDN," and the "ADSL signals?" Within a ISDN structure it is unlikely you have an ADSL, but please explain how you figure you have ISDN, ADSL, and DSL in a package? Also, there is no way that a ISDN facility can be shared as a POTS facility. The POTS service would need to be transported in one of the bearer channels of the ISDN, and NT2 hardware would be needed to provide conversion for the POTS phone (battery, ringing, etc.).

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Are you really really sure about that or just taking a casual guess? ISDN and DSL are completely different technologies. No comparison, not compatible.

POTS line: -48 Volt DC. Current modulated audio from the subscriber's low impedance 10-100 Ohm variable carbon microphone (or electrical equivalent) back to the Central office and voltage modulated audio from the C.O. to the subscriber's high impedance 2K Ohm earpiece. 90 Volts 20 Hrz ringing voltage that trips on around 20 mA.

ISDN line: No battery voltage on the line. Just a data signal. Voice is extracted from the data signal. Ringing voltage supplied locally by the ISDN device. Its really incorrect to call it a ISDN modem as there is no modulation/demodulation of an audio signal as in a conventional POTS modem.

DSL: High frequency audio signal that rides on top of the POTS line and carries data. The data signal is a modulated audio signal.

Bottom line, no.

Best suggestion is to just buy the DSL modem from the phone company. Sure, you can buy them elsewhere, but if you have connectivity or configuration issues - you're on your own.

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy