Are we all still here?

I heard this morning we had a major solar flare last night?

Is our technology still here?

Can you hear me? Hello !

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If you need this medium to confirm your existence, you are completely lost. Please die, soon.

Reply to
John S

Could you talk a little louder? There seems to be some static on the line...

Reply to
Michael Robinson

It hasn't got here yet.

electronics-Thursday

And "the largest solar storm in five years" isn't a big deal - we've just had it quiet for the past five years. Ten years ago we were getting several of this size per year.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

"Jamie" wrote in message news:mFR5r.10569$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad...

Arrival Time Update: Please note that the expected arrival time of the plasma cloud will be between 0600-1000 UTC. This means sometime after

2am EST, we can expect the first signs of the incoming Coronal Mass Ejection.

Martin Riddle

Thanks, Martin. It won't bother me as I will have turned off the TV and gone to sleep.

Cheers to you, too.

John

Reply to
John S

to sleep.

I'm glad I finished my taxes today. Or maybe I should have waited. Or maybe it will not matter.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

to sleep.

I got mine ready to go, but I'm waiting until Friday to submit, just in case. Never do today what you put off until tomorrow, I always say.

John

Reply to
John S

According to the BBC, the flare is ejecting gas moving towards us at

1000 miles per hour!

That's pretty fast.

Expect big trouble in about 10 years time...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I can still hear you but it hasn't come yet. But it's coming.

Oh-oh, I can feel it coming so if this message trails off then .. kUsec .. ehu2h9hU .... 8ukuv ......... EmuBud5ap5egecr9 ........ 2raph ......... AFru2 .... achuGEcE .... fus7epH6

. .

*THWOCK*
Reply to
Joerg

Hello! Can you hear me? Hello!...

I've noticed occasional "gargles" on the satellite radio, but no biggies. ...Jim Thompson

You posted this on Tues the 13th. Sunday and into Monday 11th and 12th I was having all kinds of problems getting my usual tv stations. I'm on an antenna in a rural area. Nearest station is 50 to 55 miles away, others are further. Half of them vanished on Sun night and Monday. I was even thinking about some sort of solar activity. Guess I was right. I also noted that the internet got a bit flakey. I'd be connected to the ISP, but no data flow at times.

Reply to
piper

Wednesday, satellite radio was intermittent, but Internet radio sources were not. ...Jim Thompson

I guess your neighborhood has underground cables like ours. Stuff strung along poles is like a giant antenna, pretty susceptible even to minor disturbances. The fact that DSL works (somewhat) differentially can only help so much.

Oh well, in contrast to some teenagers my world does not come to a screeching halt if the web connection goes down for a little. They'll probably totally freak out if they can't text.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to