Touchstone Semi?

You have interesting standards for "almost normal." I talk about electronics and Thompson talks about assaulting, shooting, and killing people.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Yeah, but for how long? krw is someone who displays very little ability to respond to rational discourse. Either you agree with him or you are part of the evil empire. What is the point of talking to him at all???

Larkin doesn't seem to be a bad sort really. He just has limited ability to adapt to social norms. I haven't read his reply to my post, but I can almost predict how he will respond... It won't be a challenge to show *my* work and it won't be a statement that his stuff *works*. It will most likely be a personal comment about my posts or something just plain stupid.

I am obviously part of the dementia here. I keep trying to explain to others how demented they are...

Almost... It is just so amazing to me to see the sort of imbecilic, sophomoric, childlike behavior I see here. I see some of the same stuff in the DSP forum, but nowhere to this extent. I can't believe a professional would do this in a public forum.

Yeah, well, I prefer to think that they just screwed up somehow. I am a new supplier to them and they had some issues getting my info into their system because they weren't very responsive to my requests. They were all about setting me up with a supplier account but couldn't seem to handle the other side of applying for a credit account with *me*. I think that may have been part of the delay.

That and the fact that they have to accept *my* company's terms and conditions rather than the other way 'round. Can you say, "indemnification"? It is a very bad thing to agree to and I won't sign any contract that contains such a clause.

--

Rick
Reply to

Ok, I didn't accurately predict this response. But it is not a "normal" response. He has all sorts of side issues that prevents him from seeing this forum as it is. Notice how he is still on the topic of Jim's post about the Boston Marathon. Won't let go of that bone no matter how little meat is on it.

Larkin. You are an ok guy in many ways. But all this petty crap makes you look like a fool... the others too. Pointing your finger at them and saying, "they started it" makes you look like you are about six. And that's a big drop from the average here of 12!

I'm being silly of course. There is nothing I can say that will make a difference. Obviously all of you come here to bicker with each other. It is somehow serving a need for each of you.

--

Rick
Reply to

Thompson said he didn't like beer. I shipped him a six-pack of our house beer, he drank it, and he liked it, so now he drinks beer. Think about that: I made it possible for him TO DRINK BEER.

And I later made a true statement about MIT students, not even about him, which he responded to by saying vile, obscene, slandarous things about my wife. I bet he still wears the hideous MIT class ring.

(Apologies for using "class" and "Thompson" in the same post.)

I like to talk about electronics, which he seldom does. He does repeat his silly "white trash" nonsense endlessly.

Commenting about the Boston massacre with bragging and smilies was sick; I would have ragged anyone who did that.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You have a compulsion about Thompson and a few others. None of this crap matters. You can't restrain yourself from posting to and about him. No matter how justified you think this is, it reflects poorly on

*you*. Your posting is about you, not him.

Then post about electronics! Ignore him and his posts, even when he baits you and tries to get your goat. I think I learned that when I was around 10. I wasn't so good at ignoring provocations then, but at least I knew what I was supposed to do.

How about you?

Oh... and trim your replies... lol

--

Rick
Reply to

I am still, in fact, down one six-pack of perfectly good beer. I have a right to be outraged.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Phil Hobbs

Well! That definitely tells us where Hobbs belongs... in the Larkin camp. ...Jim Thompson

"The customer is always insane!"

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

kes

e a

r.

as

st

That's decidedly unfair, not to mention distinctly inaccurate. You are pret ty much the only regular participant who kill-files other regulars - which is what "plonk" means, though I doubt if Phil Hobbs is actually going to ki ll-file anybody.

Rickman is making a valid point - in that there is a great deal more back-b iting around here than their ought to be. I'm a bit concerned that he rates me with you, but I'm happy to take that as advice to try to raise my game to at least the 14-year-old level. Phil normally does better - he's not up to Spehro Pefany's level, or George Herold or the late great Tony Williams, but he comes closer than most of us.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

much the only regular participant who kill-files other regulars - which is what "plonk" means, though I doubt if Phil Hobbs is actually going to kill-file anybody.

back-biting around here than their ought to be. I'm a bit concerned that he rates me with you, but I'm happy to take that as advice to try to raise my game to at least the 14-year-old level. Phil normally does better - he's not up to Spehro Pefany's level, or George Herold or the late great Tony Williams, but he comes closer than most of us.

So why did Hobbs plonk Rickman?? ...Jim Thompson

Haven't you noticed that I do?

I ignore the vast majority of them.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I don't know. Why not ask Phil?

It's kind of difficult to bitch about the back-biting here without doing some back-biting of your own. Phil could have been objecting to that rather than the specific attack on John Larkin, which was something of a waste of bandwidth, as is this.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

makes

them

Think

Hah. That is a weenie class claim. I have lost several times that playing poker to a 10 yo kid and never sweat about it. It was a dumb thing to do but i wasn't particularly worried then or ever.

Suck it up.

Reply to
josephkk

Oh, don't get the idea that I take the old coot seriously. The death threats are ludicrous.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

back-biting of your own. Phil could have been objecting to that rather than the specific attack on John Larkin, which was something of a waste of bandwidth, as is this.

He's slipped into "thumper-land" >:-} ...Jim Thompson

He lies. No surprise. I have ALL the related Message-ID's. White trash will be white trash no matter what. ...Jim Thompson

much the only regular participant who kill-files other regulars - which is what "plonk" means, though I doubt if Phil Hobbs is actually going to kill-file anybody.

back-biting around here than their ought to be. I'm a bit concerned that he rates me with you, but I'm happy to take that as advice to try to raise my game to at least the 14-year-old level. Phil normally does better - he's not up to Spehro Pefany's level, or George Herold or the late great Tony Williams, but he comes closer than most of us.

Slowman thinks you are the only one who uses killfiles? What a maroon!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

-

at

aise > > >my game to at least the 14-year-old level. Phil normally does bet ter -

eat > > >Tony Williams, but he comes closer than most of us.

Mike Terrell and Jim Thompson are pretty much the only regular posters who can't spell my name right, which does say something depressing about their cognitive capacity.

If Mike Terrell thinks that other regular posters share Jim Thompson's enth usiasm for kill-filing people, he'd better list a few names - he's all too prone to criticise other people for faults that he's imagined that they exh ibit, and these other kill-filers may only exist in his fertile and undisci plined imagination.

In other words, he suffers from delusions, and is silly enough to expect us to share them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

can't spell my name right, which does say something depressing about their cognitive capacity.

[snip]

Hey, Bill Slowman! I misspell your name on purpose to aggravate you. And you think it's a "cognitive capacity" issue. Yep, it is. Yours

I always run a spell checker because I'm a stumbler at typing, often missing full depression of keys, so I had to add "Slowman" to my spell checker ;-) ...Jim Thompson