Orcad Capture : PCB footprint list

Hello, With Orcad Capture (Demo version), how to find the PCB footprint list. Orcad Capture requires to define footprint of each component before creating the Netlist. I proceed as follow : I select a component, right click, properties Edit : how to give some information to the PCB Footprint ? Regards JF.

Reply to
jfk1948

The attribute used for the PCB footprint is usually named, appropriately enough, "PCB Footprint". What actually defines the attribute to be used is what you fill in under the tabs on Tools->Create Netlist... -- as you can see, "PCB Footprint" is the default, but strictly speaking you could use a different attribute instead if you modify the appropriate fields.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Joel Koltner" a écrit dans le message de news: jZ_Uk.252701$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-08.dc.easynews.com...

My question, instead of, is : I select a component, right click, properties Edit : how to do for obtain the name of the "PCB Footprint", name which must be typed in the field "PCB Footprint" ? PS: sorry for my french translation.

Reply to
jfk1948

Hello,

Ah, I believe I understand your question now. The answer is... you have to ask the person who's going to do the PCB layout what the footprint names are for the schematic parts you're intending to use. There is no universal naming standard (although the IPC has recommendations that seem to be catching on). For a capacitor, you might use "Cap-0603" or "Cap-0805" or perhaps "CC0805" -- it's completely dependent on what the person who created the PCB footprint library chose to use.

So... the real question then is... who's going to do your PCB layout?

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner