(OT) Sound Effect Device for Cher

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

This isn't exactly on topic, but I'm not sure where else to ask. In the song "Believe" by Cher, she uses some sort of electronic effect unit that sort of twists her vocals. It's hard to explain. The song and video are on youtube.com under the title "Cher - Believe - Live In Concert". (professional video). Obviously she uses several effects, one being an echo delay, but the one I'm referring to sort of twists the vocals, and is most noticable at the start of the song.

Anyone know?

Reply to
JerryAtrick

Sounds like Autotune to me. Should be used very sparingly. Unfortunately, used by so called "vocal artists" to an ad nauseum degree. Tom

Reply to
Tom Hoehler

the device is called a harmonizer

--