Toshiba presents first methanol mp3 players, 35 and 60 hours on a refill

stick of gum -> pack of gum too low -> too great

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

it's -> its

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

with what impurities?

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

fat -> head

John

Tedious -> jerk.

John

Mold is not an impurity; it's 100% natural.

John

it's = it is.

its = belonging to it / of it

So Autumn D C was indeed correct

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Yet another lunacy of the English language, revolving round the absurd genetive apostrophe. Presumably even a renaissance grammatickall pedaunt couldn't torture "its" to be a contraction of "it his", so they let it be.

Paul Burke his opinion.

Reply to
Paul Burke

He's..... She's..... It's..... We're..... You're...... They're. All entirely logical and consistent, like the rest of the English langwij.

Feel VERY lucky that you don't have to cope with Welsh contractions.

John Woodgate

Not lunacy of the language, but lunacy of "educators" who decreed in the '60s that grammar and spelling were no longer "relevant".

Having been educated before that advance in educational theory, I was taught that possessive pronouns _never_ have apostrophes. Would you write "hi's"?

John Perry

Reply to
John Perry

Hmm. Around my house it's more like:

hers hers cats'

--
  Keith
Reply to

ours y'alls theirs

Reply to
Robert Latest

Good Grief! Don't use gasoline in your Zippo! It burns with a dirty, greasy, sooty, orangish flame and leaves little visible chunks of soot floating in the air like ashes.

Then, when you burn it all off, the cotton is all full of all of the nonvolatile crud that didn't get burned because it wasn't inside a combustion chamber, and you'll never get the stink out.

Cheers! RIch

Reply to
Rich Grise

None of the possessive pronouns uses an apostrophe. His, hers, its, yours, ours, theirs, whose. "Whose is this?" "It's theirs."

Cheers! Rich Grise, self-appointed chief, Apostrophe Police

Reply to
Rich Grise

You can spill the crap on your _skin_ and go blind! I wouldn't want to handle any of it!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's a helluva pinch! Smirnoff is way too expensive for that kind of abuse - I buy Prestige at the Food 4 Less for $8.99/1.75L

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Actually, you are wrong.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Hm? Isn't it:

his hers its

???

Reply to
Nikos Chantziaras

Pronouns, unite! Remember our 12 step program: 1. The plural of it's its. 2. It's not a contraction. 3. It's is a contraction. 4. A contraction isn't it. 5. Its contraction's it's. 6. It's isn't its contraction. 7. His and hers aren't together because his's on the floor. 8. If your last contraction was two steps ago, you're in labor. 9. If you're in labor, the fault's his.

  1. A-r-r-gh! (It's talk like a pirate day).
  2. Data doesn't want to be plural anymore; he told me so.
  3. A pr> Pooh Bear wrote:
Reply to
Pronouns Anonymous

Cheers! Rich