Need help with typical relay circuit

Hi All,

Could anyone show me some examples of how to draw a typical relay circuit?

Need to know how to lay it out for a job.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob

Reply to
mfluderx

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

- a switch

- a motor

- 220volts

- unknown

but all I really need is some examples of how to draw a relay switch.

Rob

Reply to
mfluderx

More info is needed.

- What will be energizing the relay's coil? A switch, a contact, an electronic component (SCR, Transistor, etc..)

- What will be controlled by the relay? Motor, lights, etc..

- What is the Maximum Voltage and current of the device being switched?

- What is the importace of the circuit? Does it need redundancy? Fail Safe protection?

Reply to
scada

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Rob,

Goto

first hit on Google "relay switch"

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

May I ask why you're doing a 'job' that you apparenly don't know anything about ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Your answer is still very general. I suggest you seek the help of a licensed electrician. In the US one must adhere to the NEC codes as well as local codes. This is for very good reasons! You don't want a first timer wiring a pool filter, or a hot tub! There are code requirements that go beyond the basics of just turning the motor. Such systems have ground fault protection circuitry as well as specific ground schemes.

-You did not mention how big the motor is! Most likely you need a "motor Controller" which is a type of relay, but heavy duty.

-You did not mention the control voltage needed to switch on the motor!

110VAC, 220VAC, etc... and what current is needed.
Reply to
scada

Hard to guess what you mean by 'typical', and whether you mean *just* the relay or also the circuit that drives it. But here's one to get you started:

Replace the load with a more 'representative' motor symbol if you prefer.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

licensed

protection

Also known as a "Motor Contactor"

Reply to
scada

A schematic, or a wiring diagram? They're very different things, you know.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise