Digital dashboard

JeffM

Wanting to build a digital dashboard for my old vehicle which is currently being rebuilt.

Most indicators will be bargraph (LM3914) but I am having difficulty coming up with a decent design for a digital speedo (plus odometer). I don't want to go the micro-processor route.

One solution that came to mind was using a F/V converter feeding a 3.5 digit LED (LCD) display, fed from a sensor on the prop shaft.

Anyone got any better ideas? Or can someone point me to a web site where there may be info? Thanks

Reply to
Geocacher