7.1i on Linux installation saga

Thirty hour and several hundred dollars later, it's working great. Details in my blog entry:

Eric Smith

my

The only thing I did not see you try, which I am going to try next is using Wine on my dual Opteron system to see if things will work. In my case I just want to use the free Webpack. Obviously, I cannot use the free Xilinx download for Linux as it is only 32-bit *sigh*. I can get the parallel cable driver working, but the interesting thing will be to see if Wine will let Webpack see it correctly. That is my next thing to try. If that does not work, I'll do the VMWare thing. Curse you Xilinx for not preparing better for 64-bit. *argh*

-Steve

Reply to
Steven J. Hill

On a sunny day (Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:54:32 -0500) it happened "Steven J. Hill" wrote in :

in my

There is a new Wine-0.9 now on

Have downloaded source, but had no time to play with it yet.

_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 140,000 groups Unlimited download

to open account

Reply to
Jan Panteltje