Re: Wireless Power Nearly There

Define "here".

--
Keith
Reply to
krw

over

Eugenics says it makes sense!

Sure it is. Eugenics + politics =3D black and white results (such as restricting IQs to between 80 and 120)

It's worked before!

Reply to
Benj

Benj wrote in news:085ca8a6-f4b7-4238-b668-576e2e2926c0 @m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Not really, because the complexity of genetics and inheritance means that many traints don't "breed true". You see that in race-horse breeding. The one thing that's "certain" is that illnesses borne on recessive genes will be concentrated in an inbred population.

Also, with IQ, the brain is extremely plastic - some tendencies are innate, but conditions during upbringing have a great impact. Also, recent evidence shows that, even in late adulthood, learning new things and engaging in enriching activities can continue to change the brain, much as exercising changes one's muscles.

Um, no, any differences are the result of poor nutrition, childhood trauma, and/or lack of nurturing.

No, it hasn't. What works is when parnets give enough of a damn about thier children to nurture them, give them proper nutrition, and avoidn traumatizing them. If eugenics has *seemed* to work, it would be because the parents have a large emotional investment in their children, and threrfore are highly likely to give them decent care.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Sounds plausible, I like it!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

If you want to compete with the big boys you need to put up a web site.

Reply to
JosephKK

High skool fizix is has not been a reqwired coarse for 30 years. And inglish reqwirements evaded.

The educators are trying to require it now, how they do that when none of them of know squat about physics is a tough problem.

=>::-P

Reply to
JosephKK

This seems to be the most disunderstood subject of all. Proper primary education teaches enough basic skills to survive in a mercantile world (it has not done so for many decades). Proper secondary education leverages basic skills to teach multiple modes of thinking (nearly unobtainuim now). Math, history, PE and other languages are a necessary part of that.

Reply to
JosephKK

It is welcome that you see the point.

Reply to
JosephKK

Aw, poor baby. The real question is did you learn anything?

Reply to
JosephKK

I am still trying to get a copy of the original Gold's theorem work.

Reply to
JosephKK

It is actually far more useful than that for decent engineers.

I am with you here.

Each to their own, i have found applications of the "complex Riemann sphere" in my daily life well outside of engineering. I also like and use linear fractional transforms.

To each their own.

Reply to
JosephKK

Even though Jan defends himself poorly on this one i agree with Jan.

Reply to
JosephKK

And maybe you are not aquatinted with enough math.

Reply to
JosephKK

Your failures are not everybody's.

Not only do the masses not have such intuition, they are taken advantage of by those who can confuse them. It is called consumerism.

And we should recognize how easily children can learn so many varied things.

Reply to
JosephKK

Hell, i was fighting that over 20 years ago. The group (housemates i was living with), over my objections, decided to buy a half of beef at over the then current price of good steak, claiming it would save money.

Hell, they often cannot barely do simple sums, nor balance their checkbook or many other mundane tasks.

Reply to
JosephKK

substitute slackers or slobs for hackers.

Reply to
JosephKK

Actually no. The breadboard / brassboard is. I difficult cases you may need to spin a PWB or two.

Reply to
JosephKK

The simulator is the sanity check and the breadboard is the "oh crap" check.

The production run yield is the reality check.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

Sorry. sci.physics. A lot of the stupid things written here are due to an incomprehension of dimensional analysis.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

I don't see any indication that Australia is immune to PCitis.

No, there are more than general differences. Where did I state an absolute?

Are you trying to argue this with me? If so, you'll lose. :-)

I have observed that females prefer algebras over geometries. That does not state that females are incapable of doing geometries.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv