Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission

Can someone who is familiar with Tesla's wireless transmission of power explain how this was to be achieved? I have a lot of info but I can't get a coherent picture.

Magnifying Transmitter (TMT): Would this apparatus transmit power through the air or through the ground? or both? What is its purpose? Is it the main power source in the scheme?

Earth / Ionosphere (EI) : Would the TMT charge or discharge the EI? If so, how could this be done so that there is a buildup of voltage that can be transmitted?

Resonance: A lot of what I read proposes putting the EI into resonance and harnessing the power from this. How would this be done? I have some basic knowledge of RLC circuits but don't see the connection between resonance in a RLC circuit and the ability to buildup tremendous voltages / currents.

Receiver: Somehow this transmitted power has to be converted to a useable form. Another RLC circuit to do this?

Reply to
danbos

Tesla was a genius. Like Barbara Streisand. About some things. Some times. Not about everything, always.

Tesla's wireless power transmission scheme was clearly intended to be a way to avoid stringing power cables from poles or underground. It didn't work. Resonance is "real", but the *word* is not a description of a practical way to move large amounts of energy from one place to another. It is, obviously, a way to move information from one place to another ("radio"). That is where Tesla's experiments eventually came to practical fruition. Please don't waste a lot of your valuable time trying to understand the hyperbolic speculative ignorance about Tesla you've probably found easily found on the internet. It insults Tesla's real achievements.

Reply to
webpa

Tesla was a charlatan at best, and a con man at worst, but certainly never a genius. At the time however that worked out for him. He didn't so much as discover the transformer which I consider to be his highest glory as he stumbled across it, but someone would have anyway and no genius required for that either. Ditto for the electric motor and outside of those two - he did nothing of any real account after the fact. Now that last tidbit speaks volumes as to his true capacity which was barely enough to recognize that he had something of value at the two times he stumbled upon them, and that's no where near genius, sorry.

I find Tesla own writings to be just as convoluted as any aggrandizing Tesla article found anywhere. I wouldn't waste my time reading either, I've done enough of that already to know that there is no useful knowledge to be found doing so. His true achievements were pretty simple, plain, and useful, a point even he doesn't seem to have a proper clue about - and thus I contend he was a con man back when a career in the new field of electric fluids paid pretty good, IF you didn't have to pack a big suitcase and your hotel room was on the second floor where you could survive a jump out the widow when and if required.

danbos, when Tesla himself can't explain his single phase electric motor properly and be right about it, it's time to buy a clue. Hint: there are NO rotating fields in a single phase electric motor, yet he writes that there are. He is such a genius, the man doesn't even know his own invention...

Reply to
melee5

You must be an Edison fan ;-)

Al