Re: Wireless Power Nearly There

"Joel Koltner" wrote in news:wn_uk.68398$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-03.dc.easynews.com:

I think there is a difference between "quitting", and "changing course following a re-evaluation of goals and abilities". Also, whetehr one is a "quitter" is very much a matter of POV, i.e., who is making the claim. Very often (obviously not the same thing as "always", but simply, "very often"), people tend to paint others with their own qualities - for example, liars claim that nobody ever tells the truth, and backstabbers suspect and accuse everyone else of disloyalty.

In a way, it's "the dark side of the work ethic".

Reply to
Kris Krieger

The movie is excellent as well.

I've been fortunate to do what interests me all my life ;-)

...Jim Thompson

                          Common Values
                          Common Purpose
                         Common Buzzwords
                         Common Ignorance

Sure, but poking people with a sharp stick doesn't pay the bills. ;-)

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, but I'm downright infamous in Arizona ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Common Values Common Purpose Common Buzzwords Common Ignorance

My name is showing up in the local paper, too. The last mention was that I misspelled a word in a reply to them when my right eye was useless, after the palsy. That sure sounds like the lame idiots around here.

I just wrote a message to them to point out their daily typos and technical errors in their fish wrapper. Things like a picture of a wrecked pickup truck, yet they referred to it as a 'car' over a dozen times in the text. I'll bet they don't print this letter! ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Harvard business school. I think he completed 1 year and 1 semester. Too disinterested to google for it.

Reply to
JosephKK

It looks to me that it will get worse for about another 20 years. And more and more retirees will un-retire.

Reply to
JosephKK

Sorry, dimensional analysis is very much more that simple units conversions which many cheap calculators can do. It gets really useful when integration and differentiation are added to the mathematical mix. Learn what it will tell you about 2d and 3d FFTs.

Reply to
JosephKK

JosephKK wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's an interesting point, "un-retiring"; I've occasionally heard of the idea. Then too, with advances in medicine and fitness, the term "elderly" is being redefined, with an increasing number of people being more than capable of working past 65, if they desire to. So you may very well be right, on both counts.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

It isn't clear from this that you know what dimensional analysis is. It is not units conversion! It hides units completely to abstract the physics into arbitrary fundamental dimensional units called M, L & T. I think it most unlikely that bakers or farmers would ever do this.

In short form you take a formula and substitute the dimensions of the variables into it M, L, T as appropriate. It gives a quick physically intuitive guide to how something scales with length, time or mass and is a very good self consistency check on terms in an equation (and for suggesting what other terms might be present).

It is also very powerful for working out to first order how scale models should be photographed to make realistic looking special effects explosions and collapses in the days when things were not faked by CGI. Typically by chosing the right frame rate the viewer could be fooled into believing the models were life size.

Provided that the "rocks" were not made of polystyrene a la Star Trek.

Some things don't scale right no matter what you do - water waves and splashes were always problematic.

Regards, Martin Brown

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Martin Brown

"Nitwits allowed to rule" is a symptom, not a cause.

That will not work. The ones replacing them will be dumber.

I'm working on it. So far, it looks like the key is trade routes and how trade is done.

I don't think so.

I've been studying the Roman Empire and Middle Ages and tad about the empires located in Asia.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Good grief. No wonder they're bored.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

That's because it has become a sin to do real work.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

What's wrong with "un-retiring"? When I retired I knew it was to go on to do what *I* wanted to do, or not. No more need to make the boss happy; time to find a place where we're both happy.

--
Keith
Reply to

It means work! That's a sin if you've been infected with PCitis.

I read this. and then I had to read it twice more. There were several meanings of "we".

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Maybe, for you.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, work is a four-letter word [*]. ;-) It's not work if you want to do it though.

There is more than one "boss" too. ;-)

[*] I love work. I can sit and watch it all day.

--
Keith
Reply to

hell, I don't need another snot.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

I always called that work.

Unfortuneately, some people include the work of thinking as an aberration.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Then blow your nose.

I enjoyed my work, and miss being able to work. Being 100% disabled stinks.