Re: Wireless Power Nearly There

This Chilean Mesquite grows without _any_ direct watering. I plugged its bubbler years ago to slow it down, but it made barely any difference at all.

...Jim Thompson

     Liberals are so cute.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but cute.

My pole saw is three sections and is supposed to reach 25 feet. If I stand in the bed of my pickup truck, I could probably cut a branch 30 feet high. Just keep in mind that the longer the saw, the harder it gets to cut something.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or two 20' pieces of aluminum conduit? Then again if a rope is already there, why not use it?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

_Electric_ pole saw, battery on the butt end, nicely balanced, easy to start a cut because of a curved counter-surface against the limb.

...Jim Thompson

      Diplomacy:  Kissing ass when we should be kicking ass.

Sounds viable.

Then again if a rope is

Because you have to get the open end of the garbage can above the tip of the pole, which is ~3' higher than the top of the rope pull? (And then of corse rotate the garbage can around and lover it down onto the tip.)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Try that balance at twice the length. The manual saw uses a curved blade to make it cut better. Not only that, but it was free. It also has a rope operated pruner for smaller branches.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So, you're not a pool player? It isn't that difficult. No worse than crawling under a rack full of equipment to connect all the cables by feel, and get all on the right connectors.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, I'd lose all the time to anyone with real skills. :-)

Perhaps someone can demo this sometime on a smaller scale!

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

If I get to feeling better I will build it and shoot some video of how it works.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Mmmm, mesquite... tasty smoke ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

employees

of

but,

results

far

blood

by

People do this in their heads.

Showing them how to formalize it by writing it down on paper using a common symbolic language is a requirement in daily living these days.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Sometimes, the brute force method isn't the best method to solve a problem.

Oh, man. I sure hope no floppy drive slots were open. What did you get for retaliation?

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Yea, interesting problem, isn't it? I spent some time thinking about this for devices used in hospitals which caused very loud noises.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Who is suggesting that?

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

in

There is lots of ways to teach that in high school. My favorite example is thinking about why food cans are the shape they are. Maximum volume with the least amount of surface.

I would have dearly loved to have had some introduction to calculus in high school. I never knew the word existed until I was told that Calculus 101 was the next math course to take.

If my high school physics class used calculus to do the problems, I might have had fun in that class. (The teacher taught the class by reading the problem exercises in the book and waited for some student to raise his/her hand and say a, b, c, d, which was the list of choices of answers.

These days any news about SAT score levels is hogwash. My nephew was allowed to take the SATs until he attained a perfect score. All he had to do was pay the entrance fee each time.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Even programmers have to write specs which require writing down ideas in a precise and cogent manner. I didn't use algebra nor calculus in my work, but I sure as hell used the notions of axioms. and I used a modified form of the Scientific Method to design and debug code.

Knowing the difference between an aspect and a bug that can be fixed was important.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Math education has become worse than that. In their zeal to "improve" the math scores of females, teachers have been dumbing down males.

My public library appears to be dumping all books that were written "for boys". This includes all the math, science, and hardcore scifi books. The problem is that, if boys can't access these books, neither can the girls. So how are girls supposed to excel in math and science if they can't read the materials that were written "for boys"?

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

There were two art majors in my physics class which was a requirement during our sophomore years in college. They complained and moaned but did the course and lab work. Later, when they started their own art design business, they discovered that they used a lot of the physics they learned in that class.

Unless you were lucky and got an SOB for a teacher.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

You kids have it good; in a lot of our specs we used PDF'S to imply plural because we didn't have lower case. When write a spec, there is a huge difference in the meaning of cybercruds: PDF'S or PDFS.

Actually, no. They will provide you with all the answers if you behave according to their edicts and give them all your money.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Has it ever occurred to you that those caves were classrooms? Those pictures had to depict real things. Look at the arrows. They point to the places on the animals which would make the best kill.

Sheesh!

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv