Wireless magnetic power transmission

Hi,

I need to calculate that how much power density is required on the transmitter side coil to transmit 300mWatts of power wirelessly to the receiving coil of radius 1inch square.Can anybody advice?

John

Reply to
john1987

power density?

Reply to
Greegor

yes, watts / square meters

Thanks

Reply to
john1987

are you referring to the gap between the 2 coils that are not physically on the same form, that effects the M (mutual inductance) ?

Reply to
Jamie

So, why did you give us the diameter in inches? Who do you think we are? NASA?

Dp-primary = 300 mWatts power density in Watts per sq meters ---------- Ap * K

where Ap = primary (transmitter) coil area in meters^2 = 5.2E-4 for 1 inch diameter and K = coupling coefficient

Opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. Standard
disclaimers apply. Celebrity voice impersonated. Batteries not included.
Limit one to a customer. Best if used by April 1, 2011. Refrigerate
after opening. Void if removed.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I am still unclear about this. I also have another question that how much power I need on the primary coil that I can get 300milliwatts out of the secondary coil.

John

Reply to
john1987