Re: Moving to new form of usenet ideas?

bud

But it did with editing which you probably didn't do.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

bud

Room temperature IQ, huh.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

bud

???

Granted. Missing my usual quota of vodka when I replied.

???

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

bud

"And" is an independent clause conjunction.

Don't know where you learned grammar. In fact I can hardly remember where I learned grammar. But independent clause conjunctions can start sentences. And as far as I'm concerned so can dependent clause conjunctions under appropriate circumstances. The only thing which can't start sentences are people who only think they know what they're talking about.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

bud

Adm. Rickover said the same about me. Wasn't aware he knew Larking. Obviously he never knew you.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

the bud

You're a goddamned retard.

And your little dog too!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

--
Or I can.
Reply to

bud

--
the contraction of "it is" isn't possessive.
Reply to

--
False memories, I suspect.
Reply to

the bud

Two spaces are recommended in non-proportional fonts like Courier New, a legacy from typewriter days. Some proportional fonts used in modern computers adjust the location of the period at the end of a sentence so that two spaces are not required to provide a distinctive space between sentences.

I still use two spaces anyway.

Reply to
Richard Henry

the bud

Or you might consider placing carets under the phrase objected to instead of whatever else strikes your fancy.

No, I'm a drunken ass. You're a pompous ass because you pretend you can tell the difference.

Oh gee, professor, not really? And what about usenet postings where servers have some difficulty with proportional spacing, where a choice has to be made between ragged paragraphs and colloquial punctuation? Next time your skirts get in a tizzy, complain to the servers not moi.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

the bud

I know. I've been meaning to speak to my faculty advisor about it but much like you he thinks reality is played on a Nintendo GameCube too.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

So lack of memory is a false memory? Hmmm.

Technically correct after a fashion. The problem being whether the verb should agree with the subject or object. In this case I chose the latter. But you really do seem to have an echo location problem with those carets.

Well you're certainly obvious if not much else.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

Talk is cheap.

Not exactly. No doubt you're an empiric capable of is grade school grammatical criticism which, fascinating as that may be construed, isn't very truthful.

~v~~

Reply to
Lester Zick

--
Try a non-proportional font.
Reply to

the bud

--
Me too, unless I'm careless...
Reply to

the bud

--
If you can rouse yourself from your self-admitted drunken stupor you
might try using a non-proportional font like Courier or Courier New.

--
Yup.  Seems even you mentally impoverished souls can afford it.
Reply to

He did, dumbshit.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored