Re: Moving to new form of usenet ideas?

Sorry for all the cross posting but I'm interesting in getting a serious

> discussion about how usenet has become lately. >

YOu are now part of the problem, bozo.

You cross-posted this to comp.dsp,comp.lang.c++ microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp sci.electronics.basics sci.electronics.design sci.mat which really have nothing to do with each other.

And none of them have any relevance to your topic, but like so many others, you feel you should post to newsgroups you know, rather than find the appropriate newsgroup.

Cross-posting is some of the problem, bozos who think they have something so important to say that they cross-post, not caring about the damage they do.

Self-control is also lacking. ANd obviously you lack it, since you had to cross-post. People who can't control themselves from posting off-topic junk to a newsgroup, people who can't control themselves from getting into long threads with the cross-posting idiots, people who can't trim what they are quoting, forcing us to scroll pages down before we see what they have to say, which is often not worth the trip, but we don't know that until we get down there.

I do argue that the decline of Usenet is because the user base is declining, and the remaining are abusing the medium.

I keep tuning out of newsgroups, because they have gone from being about the topic they are named for to hangouts for the people who decide to make it such. I do keep checking "dead" newsgroups even though they get hardly any traffic, but I am no longer interested in toleratin newsgroups where there is lots of traffic but we have to wade through all kinds of off-topic junk such as this in order to find the on-topic posts.

Spam is not a problem so long as there is real traffic in a newsgroup, and real traffic is not about someone's weather or desire to change Usenet.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black