President's Staff Idiots Trying to Kill LORAN

But the plants we love to eat aren't likely do do as well with extra CO2 as the weeds that compete with them.

And the extra CO2 in the atmosphere is going to change the climate enough that the places that we grow our food today aren't going going to suit the plants that we grow there now, and in quite a few places, there won't be enough rain to grow anything much (though there will be more rain elsewhere so presumably the farmers will be able to pack up their farms and move, if there aren't too many national borders involved.

Do try to develop a slightly more widely-informed opinion about this - correcting your superficial aphorisms is getting boring.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Try to, even once in a while, say something about electronics that's not wrong. This is s.e.d. after all.

John

mug.

As Jim should know, the accountants can tell that about half the fossil carbon we burn turns up as CO2 in the atmosphere, and neatly acoounts for the rising CO2 levels we see.

This is roughly confirmed by the Suess Effect, which detected that the atmospheric CO2 contains less of the short-lived C-14 isotope of carbon than it used to - though the picture is complicated by the atmospheric nuclear bomb tests and fluctuations in solar wind, both of which convert atmopshereic nitorgeon-14 into carbon-14.

Finding a source for this which would be accepted by Jim as not being produced by an AGW-lover is a little difficult. Pretyy much everybody who knoews enough scinece to write this up also knows enough to know that the scientific case for AGW is pretty much water-tight.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

John, By feeding the troll you give Slowman a soapbox from which to spout senile nonsense. Why?

...Jim Thompson

  Only Jerks Need to Satisfy Their Woeful Egos by Feeding Trolls

Naaaahhh... You have the group trophy for that one, Jim.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Do you still read Jim's posts? I don't.

John

That's alright, John.

I don't read your posts. I just throw darts at the ones where you persist in feeding the ignorant trolls... your reactions keep me very amused ;-)

BTW: Please list the claimed "favors" I requested from you.

...Jim Thompson

The first sign of senility is persistently trying to be an asshole

The second sign of senility is touting your company\'s wonderful
circuit designs as your own, while posting amateur crap on S.E.D

The third sign is acting like Polly Prissypants :-)

You still read DimBulb's posts?

Not feeding Slowman? ;-)

Reply to
krw

--
What a load of shit.

"Aren\'t likely"?

Cheater, all that means is that you don\'t have any data to substantiate
your claim, but you want your bullshit opinion to be considered fact.

Or, maybe I\'m wrong and you _do_ have or can point to some data which
lends some credibility to your wild assertion that crop plants do less
well under high CO2 concentrations than do weeds.

Got a link?
Reply to
John Fields

he

e mug.

Try to find something that I've said about electronics that is wrong before you make such claims - and "26mV" isn't wrong, merely oversimplified to cope with your superficial (if normally perfectly adequate) understanding of electronics.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

he

e mug.

Don't be silly. Would anybody here read such data, if I went to thr trouble of digging it up? Have you goen to the trouble of trying to dig up data which might prove me wrong?

There are lots more sorts of weeds that there are sorts of crop plants. It's a certainty that some weed will have a metabolic oddity that lets it take better advantage of higher CO@ than crop plants.

No. I've got a brain and I've got background knowledge. In this sort of intellectual kindergarten, that's more than enough.

You do get excited about typos.

We - in this context - is the whole human race, as should be obvious, even to you.

Your opinion about my credibity merely reminds the audience that you don't know what you are talking about.

No, I don't, but New Scientist dug up a few climatologists who think that they are better informed. You can find the article for yourself - your credibility needs the boost that successfully completing such a search would deliver.

You don't miss a chance to exhibit your ignorance and stupidity, do you. Year on year predicitions are still pretty much weather predictions rather than climate predictions, and the effect of the rising CO2 levels does really get above the short term noise until you start talking about decades or longer.

Consult your own local authorities. The general wish outside of Texas is that it should stop raining on the state, so that the obnoxious fauna that inhabits it would dehydrate into blessed inactivity, and people don't make predictions because there's too much risk of hope biasing the forecasts.

It would be a waste of time around here - Jim Thompson would complain that any reference that I cited came from a scientist who believed in AGW. You haven't exhbibted quite this level of inanity yet, but I'm sure that if I keep you posting for any lenght of time you will come up with something eually entertaining.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

mug.

--
What\'s silly about calling your bluff?
Reply to

mug.

Didn't "Dr. Sloman" get his PhD at DeVry ?:-)

I'm always pleased to note that I'm the highest standard for Slowman's disdain, but please don't feed the jerk. Let him die that most unpleasant of deaths... alone ;-)

...Jim Thompson

be

oothe

ffee mug.

You are being silly when you choose to think that I bluff.

Boredom. Neither of us have got anything more useful to do.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

:

r be

soothe

offee mug.

d to

te

p"

.

be

cal

-

Jim failing memory is playing him false, not for the first time. I got my Ph.D. from the University of Melbourne in Australia.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Do you think you could learn to snip, when all you are doing is making another, retarded peanut gallery comment?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Flying to Mazatlan in a c172, across Mexico from San Antonio, I lost loran in the mountains for at least two hours. Not fun, and not all that reliable. This was in '96, before GPS got cheap, and they started publishing non-precision approaches for any runway longer than 500'.

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Bob

You're confusing 'DeVry' with 'Burger College' where you make the deans list by remembering to ask, "Ssssssssssssh. 'DYALLWANALIDONDAT' Ssssssssssssh."

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to

Your beliefs are incorrect.

From

quote

"Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)"

end quote

-- Regards Malcolm Remove sharp objects to get a valid e-mail address

Reply to
Malcolm Moore

Total bullshit. One major eruption can release the same amount as ten years worth of mankind's output.

The bovine stats are lame as well, because there are far more water buffalo, and other LARGE mammals in Africa and other nations that put out more than man's domesticated corral of beasties ever could.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt