Ping Larkin

Guess so! By comparison, anyway :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to
John Devereux

Yanik, Fields, krw, and more I can't remember at the moment, are certainly not leftists.

And my troll-cross-feeder list is only 9-lines x 105-columns of and/or ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy

Late at night, by candle light, John Larkin penned this immortal opus:

In a while he'll see only his own posts and of a handful of butt-buddies. Since they all share the same blinkered views he'll think the world has finally come agree with him.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

I like most peppers that aren't just insulting. A little Jalapenio is OK, but I really don't like the flavor. OTOH I love food spiced with chili pepper (it sneaks up on you) or blackened with black pepper. SWMBO cooks chicken breast and meatloaf with enough black pepper to choke a horse. Yum! We also have a hard time finding salsa that's spicy enough without being downright bad.

own.

Don't much care what the parents do, but when they'd rather take care of Fifi than their kids...

But in addition to the guns, you need lawyers and money. ;-)

Reply to
krw

[...]

We nearly always make our own salsa. Today my wife finally found Cayenne pepper in the local store. I've not had it in over 12 years. Talking about craving ...

[...]

If you don't have no money you don't need no lawyer :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Order that stuff from Penzeys Spices. Great outfit.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Quite pricey. But they do have large bags and 1lbs of Cayenne pepper for $13.60 sure is a deal.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

With most spices, if you buy a bunch and keep most of it in the freezer, it lasts for years. Quite a bit cheaper than the supermarket then. Especially try their Pondicherry pepper, sweet Hungarian paprika, and lots of different kinds of cinnamon.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

cooks

Tastes bad and hurts. May as well put thumbtacks in your food.

John

Do you need a permit from Homeland Security to transport a pound of cayenne?

My cajun daddy-in-law used to grow fields of them. You need to wear gloves to work around them.

John

Almost, I guess.

And if you didn't wear gloves avoid touching certain areas of your body at all cost :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

cooks

Homemade pizza with Italian salami, cheese, lots of jalapenos and anchovies on there, yummy. Of course, if Obamacare comes this sort of dish may become unlawful.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

still cooks

day.

they

secret=20

inside

=20

=20

powder.

Mmmm. Rib eye.

Reply to
JosephKK

still cooks

another day.

easily.

they

secret=20

inside

using a=20

type.=20

powder.

bratwurst=20

=20

I can't stand Johnsonville products, they are too fatty.

Reply to
JosephKK

Look

Japan)=20

being=20

common.

=20

=20

That is really strange, i found Popeye's to be greasier than KFC.=20 The fried chicken that i have found to be the best is at Church's on a good day (when the oil is fresh).

The British don't have cuisine.

Reply to
JosephKK

[snip]

Yep. Juicier than a filet. ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy

I've always loved KFC's mashed potatoes and gravy, and, much to my surprise, the last time I was there they had a grilled skinless and boneless breast, which was quite good. I don't really care about grease; I've never had a "cholesterol" problem. My Grandpa used to say, "The fat is where all the flavor is." When I was a kid, we would deep-fry stuff in Crisco, and use it multiple times. Crisco is made from soybeans, so it must be good for you. ;-)

On some documentary travelogue, I saw some authentic "Fish and Chips"; some big greasy chunks of some white fish, and big greasy chunks of potatoes, served in a cone made of newspaper. It looked delicious!

Dunno if I'd put vinegar on it, but I'd be willing to try - it took my Mom 40 years to talk me into trying vinegar on my spinach, and I was quite pleasantly surprised. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Here's my method: Start cooking potatoes and whatever else my wife hands me, on the Weber. Johnsonville brats are poked with a sharp fork and go on it as well, so I have max cook time for those available. The missus does _not_ like dinner to be late. I drape the brats around the perimeter where the top vent is. Fat oozes out of the little poke holes but doesn't fall onto the coals. Then when most of that is out I move them closer in for a little cajun-style.

I don't know if they use any glutamate in them but heck, one has to live a little ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yuck.

They are not allowed to serve it in newspaper any more. The fish should be cod or up market version haddock deep fried in a beer batter. The chips should not be all that greasy if done properly. North of the border they like deep fried Mars bars which explains the high incidence of serious heart disease up there.

Of the Fish & Chip chains Harry Ramsdens is about the best, but the ones in airports are a pale imitation of the real thing. Try Whitby or Fleetwood for the real McCoy- basically any of the fishing ports.

Salt and vinegar is the norm.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

I don't eat much kfc or mac at all, but there are times when nothing else seems to get the job done. KFC crispy chicken strips are just so tasty and mac chicken special with salad and mayo is pretty good too.

In Yorkshire in the 50's, you could almost read the news from the fish and chips as you ate them, wrapped directly in old newspaper as they were. Printing ink is made from some nasty stuff from what i've heard, but we never ate enough of it to do us any harm and never heard of any cases of illness elsewhere either. Any stuff left over in the shop was often left to set in the animal fat fryer, so it was a good idea to wait an hour or two after opening before going in to buy if you wanted them fresh.

Immune systems need work to do to keep them in good shape. Kids in particular are overprotected and not exposed to anything like enough good old fashioned dirt nowadays. The ventilation free double glazing, antiseptic surface sprays and all the other crap that we never realised we needed adds to the problem as well. We encouraged our kids to play out in the garden in all weathers and temperatures, much as we did in our childhood and both had hardly any illness then, or now.

The best fish & chips I ever tasted were at the Kyle of Lochalsh ferry point in Scotland. The fish was so good it must have been caught the same day...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ