Ping: John Larkin

Are you related to the John Larkin who was one of the actors that played Buck Rogers? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not that I know of. I'm descended from Irish immigrants who left Ireland, for New Orleans, after the second potato famine.

There are lots of John Larkins around. I think "larkin" means groundskeeeper or something like that.

 Click to see the full signature

google says:

Origin of Larkin: Irish Meaning of Larkin: "rough, fierce"

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Was Buck Rogers that short ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It was a '30s - '40s radio show, so it wouldn't matter.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey, did you ever figure out if Arizona has a baseball team? The Armidillos or the AntEaters, I seem to recall. We do have a baseball team here. Too bad the series ended so soon... we were hoping for a couple more games in SF; The Brat owns two seats at the ballpark.

The parade is tomorrow. They expect about 1.5e6 people, a couple blocks from here. I'd better bring my lunch.

Eating ribs and brisket and swilling PBR at Baby Blues last night (my second all-meat birthday dinner) I was watching the 49ers disassemble your team, the Arizona AngryBirds, or the Phoenix ChickenHawks, something like that.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

I was very short back then. Jim was already grown up and obnoxious.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

And he's got the perfect face for radio.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
And now you've grown up and are as tall as you can ever be, and try to
find fault with those who are less diminutive.

From posts here, I understand JL to be 5'7" ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'm not diminutive, and I have nothing against people who are taller. Any time you want to try keeping up with me, hiking or skiing or designing electronics... good luck.

My employees gave me a snowboard a few years back. I just scored a pair of ex-rental snowboard boots from Daves in Truckee, great shape Burtons for $25. I'll probably hate snowboarding, so there's no point on spending a lot finding out.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

I recall a TV series. "Bidididi f*** you Buck" or am I mixing up a pop-song!?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That makes almost two of us. But I think I saw this on TV when I was about 10 (note that it takes several years for TV series to 'air' over here):

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

The most hilarious TV show I've ever seen was Bonanza, dubbed into Japanese ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Snarl, y'all.

 Click to see the full signature

Hmm...

Doesn't your invitation to participate in a pissing contest belie your
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

I'm not very competitive, and you'd be cruising for a bruising if you tried to be.

Makes sense. Every time you design electronics in public, it winds up looking stupid.

 Click to see the full signature

But you've posted that you're _not_ competitive, which is an absolute,
and now you're trying to change streams in mid-horse.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

[snip]

"Paint-by-number" ?:-} Bwahahahahahahaha! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature