Ping Larkin

That would be agood enough reason to get fit :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

I was born on the the north and wasn't true even that long ago. Things have moved on as well. The vegetables (white, green, orange) are steamed and often al dente to preserve the nutrients...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

You say that like it's a bad thing. The 'root vegetables' had beets and squash and leeks as well as onions, carrots, and parsnips, plus the pudding was like gingerbread and was served with nice yellowish custard.

Amazing.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Only Ms Prissy knows what's good for you to eat. Coming soon as another Obama Czarina ;-) ...Jim Thompson

But the real thing is still to whip up your own marinade and use that on fresh meat. That's what we do.

It is cheaper, if you time your purchases with a sale. If you pay full retail pricing then definitely not. My wife has that down to a science.

BTW, we can do charcoal cooking inside. There is an extra stack and alcove for that. But the "wow" factor wore off a few years after buying the house and now I do it the redneck way, standing out there in the driving hail, barbie tied to a post so it doesn't get blown away, beer in hand :-)

Yeah, with food and teenagers it has to be fast, and right now.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hmm, our experiences are exactly opposite. Also, my wife has her secret recipe of how to spice burgers.

Until very recently, maybe 100 years ago, that would have been perfectly ok because humans ate whatever nature provided without prior industrial processing. But nowdays many foods carry a laundry list of chemicals in there. Our shepherd doesn't even tolerate preservatives in dog food, results in a yucky brown splotch on the carpet.

We'll make sure they'll go straight to purgatory :-))

Our church isn't rich and ambulance chasers only go after deep pockets because what they are really interested in is their cut. One lawyer here just won a (fairly easy) malpractice case and pocketed roughly a cool million bucks. That's our _real_ health care problem but under this administration that will obviously not be fixed.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg
[...]

The government regulating how much people are allowed to eat? You've got to be kidding ...

What's next? Each Orwellian gets a certain allotment of air he or she is allowed to breathe?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

I don't "pre-spice" burgers. What I do occasionally is put cheese between two patties and press/seal the edges before grilling... inside out cheeseburger ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Pre-spicing is soooo good. We even do it with turkey, sometimes using a huge injection tool.

For burgers my wife usually adds in crushed chips, one particular type. Put in ziplock bag, crush with pin roller until almost down to a powder.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I have occasionally used onion soup mix as a "filler" ;-)

I prefer Filet Mignon (or Rib Eye) myself ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Aha, looks like piece by piece we'll get a confession here :-)

Ok, but you sure wouldn't every day. Yesterday we had ribs and bratwurst from the barbie. Yum.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

In Heaven, the British run the police, the French do the cooking, the Swiss run the railroads, the Germans do the repairs, and the Italians are the lovers.

In Hell, the Germans run the police, the French do the repais, the Italians run the railroads, the Swiss are the lovers, and the British do the cooking.

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I must admit an affinity for German sausages... maybe sausages in general ;-)

Occasionally my wife brings home some German apple sausages for breakfast... yum... yum... yum ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Thanks so much for providing ample data for a troll-feeder filter.

Thanks so much for providing ample data for a troll-feeder filter.

Thanks so much for providing ample data for a troll-feeder filter.

Thanks so much for providing ample data for a troll-feeder filter.

cooks

That explains your recent admission to a slight rotundness :-)

My all time favorite sausages are Johnsonville brats, the very spicy cajun kind. Better than any bratwurst I remember from Germany. Now don't tell the guys over in the German NG that I said this ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Please stop spamming the group with this, you're as bad as that idiot from google who replies to every "spam" post.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Senile old git has posted the same thing about 40 times.

John