PING: John larkin

Hello, can you tell me where you got this desk from? ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/DSC01371.JPG

Is it an Ikea item? Turns out we have two of these downstairs and no one knows where they came from. TIA

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

It's an Ikea "computer workstation" from about three years ago, discontinued since.

It's nice, very sturdy, insanely hard to assemble in the Ikea tradition.

John

Figured, couldn't find it on the Ikea site. The desks they have now look rickety.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

The FREDRIK stuff looks the same with out the curved table top.

Martin Riddle

That does look about the same. It's a very nice workbench.

John

Occasionally they do have really solid stuff. We bought a guest bed that is an all-metal frame. Looks like you could have two 300-pounders in there and it wouldn't budge. The Ivar cabinets I use for part storage OTOH are not that impressive, IMHO.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I guess I'll have to look a the Fredrik in person to see for myself, just by the picture I guess it's hard to tell if it'll be the same.

The ones we already have have a little swing-away side-tray where I keep a little lunchbox Tek. I hope they still make that add-on.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Search for "Jerker Workstation", it is what John has and Ikea discontinued it. If you want a Jerker, Craigslist or Ebay is most likely the way to go.

Martin Riddle