Ping Larkin

only

So

fewer

=20

I have been business a couple of times but had to fold up and go back to working for another. I had income each time, but after 1 year or so each time it was clear the income would never meet regular bills. It don't worry me none; i learned a lot. I will go for it again in due time.

Reply to
JosephKK

When I get my car fixed at the shop near work, they add sales tax on parts but none on labor. My hair cutter charges no sales tax on cuts but does on products.

I do notice.

John

Governments should cut expenses, NOT raise taxes.

Furthermore I would propose that there be no taxes on income earned overseas ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Think things are bad now?  Wait until Obama "takes care" of you.

data.

on

Not the ones I saw. Dozens, or more when I was a kid and visiting places in rural Kentucky. Maybe they got tired of digging new holes and moving them? I saw a few with a small door on the back side, but never really paid much attention to them, since they smelled so bad.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

data.

AMS

on

A properly ventilated outhouse, with a scoop and a bucket of lye, tossed in after you crap, does not smell (badly ;-).

And your ass DOES adapt to use of pages from the last year's Sears-Roebuck catalog ;-)

In the early '50's, with the introduction of AC power into the remote parts of Pendleton County, my father and his brothers installed electric powered pumps on my grandparents' well, added a true shower and toilet into the basement, with pumps to remove waste water and sewage up to a septic tank and dry well field.

The youngest brother is still alive... 86 years old... in Frederick, MD. ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

data.

AMS

"Tip-a-friend" on

the

much

It does, till the lime works.

Ask little Jimmy Dickens. He doesn't like the slick pages.

My grandparents had electricity, but still used a bucket for the well, and an outhouse. They had lights in the house, a radio, and later a B&W TV we took them. Another relative bought them a Maytag wringer washer, but she refused to let them deliver a dryer. Her personal garden was five acres, they had a small tobbaco base, and raised sugar cane to make Sorgum. (Mennifee County) they raised some hogs and cattle for their income and to feed themselves and others. My grandmother wouldn't hear of anyone going hungry. :)

My dad is the youngest in his family, and close to that age. :)

There are only a few of his siblings left, though. :(

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Correct! I incorrectly remembered "lye" instead of "lime".

My remembrance of the outhouse... it had outside _inlet_ vents below the "seating area"... a three holer ;-)... and a stack way above, so the smell was well-controlled.

You may ask, "Three-holer?" .... try 12 kids ;-)

What get scary is situations like last week... 4 members of my high school graduating class departed :-(

And we're only in the 69-70 age bracket :-( ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

Or a boy scout camp with several eight holers. All painted the same 'Outhouse brown' that looked like it came from inside the outhouse.

I'm losing members of my graduating class, and people I worked with who are my age, too. You have about 12 years on me.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There was an 8 holer in two rows of four shown on UK TV a couple of weeks ago.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

1 and 2.

3

And you still owe answers to three questions. Enumerated above. Or are going to try to pull another fast one?

Reply to
JosephKK

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

don't

it a

and only

workers. So

fewer

where=20

exactly the=20

don't you

As it=20

around here=20

those over=20

makes

or

competition,

and

is

Aw, now that you have some you want an exemption? And where were you physically, during that time?

Reply to
JosephKK

only

I was there in Skype spirit ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Praising the Cuban health system: "Castro & Guevara who kicked out
the wealthy. You can think whatever you want to about Fidel Castro
but he was one of the brightest leaders I have ever met."
             - California (where else?) DEMOCRAT Rep. Diane Watson

Pull another fast one? How strange.

John

What's wrong with corn cobs?

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Them's for reaming leftist weenies ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

If you wanted a President with balls why didn't you elect Hillary?

Two brown, one white?

Reply to
krw

"First you use the brown one, then you use the white one to check and see if you need to use the brown one again" -- Redd Foxx.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise