OT: What's this type of bracket called?

How many times have do you have to be reminded that you that you don't get to control in a public newsgroup?

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that expressing a dislike for for a team, party, or person you like does not mean someone automatically supports an opposing one?

This basic, binary, non-critical thinking mindset of yours is really, really stupid. No wonder then that you get "properly bracketed" by everyone whenever and wherever you pop your toxic little head up.

Reply to
Clocky

Well aren't you just the legend in your own mind. For a simple support bracket bracket (I assume she isn't making a satellite or whatever) it is hardly necessary to anneal or heat treat a bit of cold formed bar or pipe to 45deg. Don't think you are the only tradie in the group either!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

If it is cracking through work hardening, annealing will prevent it.

And, no I don?t assume I am the only tradie in the group. In fact, there are many, along with a few fake tradies like Noddy.

Xeno

Reply to
Xeno

That's one, but who are these "few" fake tradies?

Reply to
Clocky

Isn't he just amazing? :)

This is a bloke who has stated that he spent 20 years as a trade teacher before faking a back injury and going into early retirement, and claims that he's "extremely trade relevant" today (his exact words) despite not having worked in *any* trade in the last 20 years by his own accounts.

How he manages to achieve that is a complete mystery, but not nearly as much of a mystery as his extensive knowledge of welding and metal treatment given that his own "experience" is limited to the 5 minutes of rudimentary welding theory he was taught as an apprentice himself :)

Spend some time in aus.cars and you'll see that Google has a lot to answer for when it comes to "experts" like this :)

Noddy

That is true. And proven.

That is a figment of your imagination.

As a *qualified tradesman*, I will *always* be more relevant to the automotive industry than you could ever hope to be Noddy. You are just a

*pimple on the arse* of the motor trade and that is all you will ever be. Isn't it odd how you, the person who bangs on so much about trade relevance, aren't even qualified despite all your *claims* to have no less than two trades under your belt. No record of any automotive trade qualifications in your name Noddy, that says it all.

Did metallurgy studies at Uni and that, unsurprisingly, included a welding component. I'm sure I've mentioned that previously.

Regardless, every motor mechanic apprentice does stick and gas welding as part of their TAFE training in their *first year*. Took up about a week of the apprentice's time at TAFE if I recall correctly. The fact that you do not know this casts a lot of doubt on your claim to have ever been a first year apprentice - even in Aviation - since welding is a basic trade skill, as is annealing. Ask Daryl, he knows, he did it too

- and stated as much here and shot you down in flames.

My first attempt at *annealing* was when I was in first year high school during metalwork. During my time as a diesel fitter, I had to anneal components very frequently, especially in remote areas where new components were difficult if not impossible to procure.

Experts like you is what you should have said. Without Google, you're screwed, proven over and over.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

An assumption. Where there is one Noddy making claims, there are bound to be others.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

Depends what you mean by ordinary. The most typical conduit, both thinwall and ridged is steel. It is what you find in factories, bridges, etc. pvc is used for certain types of wet and underground installations

Annealing: typical annealing temperatures for rolled carbon steel is aroun d 1000 degrees F to about 1400 degrees F depending on the softness quality you want to impart. Ther are time-temp profiles that must be followed in or der to ensure even annealing. You can find this information in metallurgy b ooks.

Yes, aluminum is a very addictive choice for bending and annealing.

Reply to
three_jeeps

Got a subject outline for that subject? I've seen literally thousands of university academic records and I have seen subjects on metallurgy but they did not include welding. By definition it is the study of ores and their chemical properties and extraction.

Go ahead though and post a subject outline from one of the unis you mentioned you attended. I'll wait.

Reply to
Grumpy Tech

I see you've met the resident sociopath of aus.cars. Ugly isn't it?

Anyhow, the trick in dealing with it is to recognise its tactics and respond accordingly. Frinstance, what its done above, ie introducing a 3rd party; "no one", is known as "Triangulation". It is attempting to intimidate its victim *and* validate its own opinion by claiming a 'majority'. Of course the gaping flaw in this tactic of the toxic is that its 'majority' is a lie. So point this out and laugh at the sociopath. With any luck its head will explode.

hth

alvey

alvey

lol.

There's the sociopaths' fantastic lack of ability to recognise reality under full sail. You should be very careful of what you wish for Knobbo. If anyone of average intelligence or better did come to a.c. then they'll learn all about you Knobbo. Like your claims of owning a garage for 15 years and having mechanics qualifications. Neither of which there is *any* evidence of at all *and* which you refuse to provide any proof of.

You're a loser Knobbo. Always have been, always will be.

alvey

alvey

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that metallurgy and welding are two separate subjects that *aren't* studied together, and I'm also pretty sure that he has never mentioned this previously.

Which should come as no surprise to anyone :)

If that's too much to ask, he can just repost where he originally mentioned having undertaken such study.

Be interesting to see if it was when he posted here as Krypsis :)

Noddy

It must be Happy Hypocrite Hour. How about you post some proof of your Big Two claims Knobb? Idiot.

alvey

alvey

Go to Caulfield Institute. They might have it, I no longer do. It was, after all, some 35 years ago and was a subcomponent of my DipTT conducted at a different institute because the one I attended, Hawthorn Institute, didn't have the facilities.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

Pretty sure I have Noddy. It was where I did plastic welding. That particular course covered a lot of things that were trade relevant to automotive but, given you're a faker, you wouldn't have a clue about trade relevance.

You can feel free to go back over my posts.

After all, you do it all the time now.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

Definitely.

It will be very difficult for him to post those trade registration numbers since he was never awarded any.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

lol! that made me laugh..

--
"You're either with Knobbo or someone to be gotten rid of"- Alvey on noddy
"an irrelevant nobody pretending to be something he's not"- Clocky on noddy

I'd been very surprised if the discussion of the metallurgy of welding didn't take place. It would have to one of the major metal treatment prcesses in manfacturng.

And yes, it was included in the one metallury subject I did as part of my degree engineering studies. I have no idea if there was a practical experience requirement at by the time I took the course, I'd already done two welding subjects at TAFE; Technical & Further Education; a college that trains people for many apprenticships, general trades and cerificate training; i.e the people who do the prasctical work.

Reply to
news18

Doesn't even depends on your level and purpose of training/education. Even basic welding monkeys get some basic metallurgy instruction to drive home the point that the act of welding is highly liable to change the metallurgy of the metals being welded. Hint, it is first mentioned in the reasons given for various forms of welding.

Try actually taking even a basic TAFE welding course.

Reply to
news18

Spot on. The purpose of the course I took was because of the requirement of automotive teachers to teach welding in apprentice classes. I might add, all automotive trainee teachers were required to do the course - even the auto electricians, spray painters and parts interpreters. It primarily covered the chemical makeup of metals, the alloying process and metal treatments. It was where I learnt about such matters as

*elastic limits*. All 30 trainees in my intake did the course en masse and only about 50% were motor mechanics. It was an intensive course, everything had to be covered in a week or two since it was conducted off campus at Caulfield Institute whereas we were all enrolled at Hawthorn Institute, a campus of Melbourne Uni. I spent 6 years there, 2 full time, the remainder part time.

The course didn't cover metal extraction since there was no need but, since I had previously worked in mining, I had a pretty good handle on that aspect of metals anyway, including crushing and separation.

Well, he certainly never did an automotive apprenticeship since welding figures rather highly in that. Ask me how I know! ;-) Noddy continues to claim welding wasn't taught to motor mechanic apprentices, such is his lack of awareness of the automotive industry.

The real issue here is that this is just an attempt at diversion, an attempt to again make me the focus of attention. The bottom line, I have the proof of my claims I was in attendance at Hawthorn Inst. That course was run in 1982, why on earth would I keep a *subject outline* after all this time? Noddy, on the other hand, has never supplied proof of his claims to have

2 trade qualifications, not even to his *friends*, and that's including those who have been regular *visitors* to his shed. Unsurprisingly, Noddy's name does not appear in the Vic State Govt. records for trade qualifications.