OT: What's this type of bracket called?

Try that in some areas and it will fail inspection for unsupported wiring. Some places won't even allow a hard wired piece of SJT from the ceiling to a workbench. They require conduit and having the bench bolted to the floor. This, because their inspectors have no formal training in electrical safe ty. These areas are noted for having little or no manufacturing.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

It's called a strut brace or 90 degree strut brace.

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

~misfit~

Sometimes called a knee strut brace. If you do a Google image search for "knee strut brace" you'll see heaps of them.

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

~misfit~

Quck, someone shoud send him another link to ativities in the Brazillian forests. He got quite a kck out of the last one.

Reply to
news18

I see you're still a 6 pack short of a half dozen then Tezza. Must be all those falls you had on your bike while wearing a terry-towling hat as a helmet.

Noddy

wow. kudos to him for that

--
"You're either with Knobbo or someone to be gotten rid of"- Alvey on noddy
"an irrelevant nobody pretending to be something he's not"- Clocky on noddy

you are entirely correct, sir ..

that should keep Sylvia busy for all of next week. :)

--
"You're either with Knobbo or someone to be gotten rid of"- Alvey on noddy
"an irrelevant nobody pretending to be something he's not"- Clocky on noddy
"On the spot, instant, without warning, the cowards way! Your way!" - Xeno on noddy
Reply to
felix

Yes with a variety of methods, judicious use of heat,bending springs, which you put on the outside or the inside of the conduit, bend round your knee and remove the spring.

Reply to
F Murtz

Type this in to your browser

Pvc conduit bending springs

Seem to be not much knowledge on pvc conduit bending here don't suppose it is of much interest outside the trade. Used to bend it all the time,just have to bend it a bit further because it springs back a little,we used to bend over 90 degrees often but if you want a tight bend better use fittings, it is much cheaper to bend as it saves fittings and cable pulls round curves easily

Reply to
FMurtz

Reply to
FMurtz

It's a 'knee brace'. Trouble is, that search term gets you lots of pictures of knees. "Steel knee brace" is better.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Clive Arthur wrote in news:qo27ab$5pk$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

knee brace bracket is better too. bracket knee brace is good too

Look for the brand 'unistrut' if you want singular steel brace type.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I wouldn't have thought there would be much interest *within* the "trade" either these days. The bloke over the road from me is an industrial electrician, and whenever he needs a "bend" that can't be satisfied with one of the pre-formed ones he just uses corro.

Time is money.

Noddy

Strut or brace is what I call them, but knee strut brace - I wasn't aware of that one.

Learn something new every day.

Reply to
Clocky

I guess the need to do it is largely negated by the flexible corrugated type

--
"You're either with Knobbo or someone to be gotten rid of"- Alvey on noddy
"an irrelevant nobody pretending to be something he's not"- Clocky on noddy
"On the spot, instant, without warning, the cowards way! Your way!" - Xeno on noddy
Reply to
felix

Clocky wrote in news:qo32ff$8d4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Google doesn't do mil spec type search. It would be called

Bracket, knee

To describe a "knee bracket".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yep.

Reply to
Clocky

Same in automotive parts. Used that system a lot. Makes sense to put the noun first, adjectives secondary.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

True.

Reply to
Clocky

It certainly makes the *warehousing* process a lot easier.