What type of connector is this?

Hello group(s),

perhaps someone has an idea what brand/type of connector this is?

It's a Wire-to-Board crimp connector, 2.50 mm pitch with a "true" locking mechanism.

The board where it's on carries a lot of different JST connectors that I was all able to identify, however this type is unknown to me and I couldn't find it at any of the common makers of such crimp connectors. There is absolutely no marking or branding on neither the header nor the housing.

Any hints and suggestions a greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - and merry christmas to everyone, Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Hello group(s),

perhaps someone has an idea what brand/type of connector this is?

It's a Wire-to-Board crimp connector, 2.50 mm pitch with a "true" locking mechanism.

The board where it's on carries a lot of different JST connectors that I was all able to identify, however this type is unknown to me and I couldn't find it at any of the common makers of such crimp connectors. There is absolutely no marking or branding on neither the header nor the housing.

Any hints and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - and merry christmas to everyone, Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Semmes to be Molex.

But which P/N, I can't say.

Reply to
Look165

Look165 schrieb:

Of course Molex was one of those where I already looked (too).

I didn't find any 2.50 mm pitch connector with *this* locking mechanism and appearance. :-\

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh
2.50 mm is rather a French size.

I don't know if AMD, Sourriau or Amphenol still exist.

But they are (were) the main suppliers of connectors metric size.

Reply to
Look165

Look165 schrieb:

2.50 mm (metric) is rather common - except for the U.S. :-)

Probably you think of AMP - they have been bought by Tyco Electronics (TE) many years ago, but TE doesn't have anything of this kind. In fact, they do offer something similar, but the housing is different.

Souriau and Amphenol (both still exist) don't make such small crimp WtB connectors, they're more into the "heavy" stuff...

There are some more, like Lumberg and JST (and Molex, of course). But none of them has anything looking like the connectors in question. :-(

Thanks again though, Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

2.50 mm sounds like some Soviet/Russian standard, so you might look at that direction.
Reply to
upsidedown

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com prodded the keyboard with:

That connector is/was used as a mains 110/240 volt connector in various TV's, computer PSU and PSU's in general. Possibly Japanese.

--
Best Regards:
                      Baron.

Hello. I mean that is JST XA 3 pin connector with lock. Similar housing but with 2 pin u can find here

Machi

Machi schrieb:

Thanks for your reply - but it's definitely not an XA connector (which is used on the same board elsewhere, BTW).

If you look at the XA datasheet, the shape and profile of the shrouded header is completely different.

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Doing an image search, I could at least find this:

It appears as an (maybe unofficial or even illegal) clone of the JST XH connector with locking modification - the original XH datasheet doesn't show such a variant...

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

If I had to face such a situation, I would change both header and connector and put somthing compatible ; the only constraint is the 2.50 pitch. It is very simple to do that when I see the configuration of the board.

Reply to
Look165

Look165 schrieb:

We need to connect to such a connector on an existing board - in series quantities, so replacing the header by another type is no option.

I will have a closer look if XH contacts fit into the housings - that would probably solve the situation (AFAIK the boards come with some preconfigured wires from which we can probably reap the housings).

Interestingly though that this particular connector type (of which several are on that board) obviously is completely unknown while all others on these boards are pretty standard and easily identified...

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Just did the test - apparently, the XH contacts can be used. So at least this work-around would work.

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh